The Millennial Way: Optimizing Your Press Release for Social Media
With newspapers and various news outlets going out of business, social media is now one of the top ways that the public gets their “news fix” on a daily basis. Press releases are now coming back into popularity because they can be standalone news items on their
Once you have crafted an informational and/or entertaining press release centered around a newsworthy item for your business or brand, you can utilize your social media channels to expose your press release content to a larger audience.
How can you best use your social media to achieve this goal?
- Use your blog as a press release teaser. Resist the urge to copy-and-paste your full press release onto your blog. You can place it on the “news page” on your site.
- Create video content to complement your press release. This will captivate your audience on social media, especially millennials who have proven to prefer video content over written word.
- Upgrade your regular posts about your press release into paid posts. Make sure to set your target audience demographics carefully so you can get the best exposure!
- In addition to posting about your press release on your page and your company’s page, look for groups and other pages on your social media platforms where you can share your business’s news item.
- Be sure to include the call-to-action in at least some of your posts that your readers share the content with their audiences also. This will help you gain followers and expand your audience greatly!
Social media can be a wonderful tool in a small business’s arsenal. It can definitely help even the playing field between smaller and larger businesses. The major investment to use social media is your own time, but it can be well worth it, if you stick with your efforts.
Call us today to speak to one of our PR specialists: 1-800-713-7278