Product Launch Press Release: 7 Must-Haves
Sleepless nights. Countless meetings. Doubts. Excitement. Passion. Progress. Setbacks. All of these elements and more have led to the culmination of your efforts. You’re ready to launch your product.
A product launch is much like a first impression. You only get one chance to make it a good one.
If you’re ready to launch a new product, you’ve likely run through the promotional checklist that includes:
- Email marketing campaigns
- Social media posts
- Website homepage updates
- Blog posts
But, something’s missing.
Something that could deliver your news directly to the people that matter most – your target audience and top-tier media publications.
What is that something you might ask?
It’s press release distribution.
A product launch press release is like a megaphone for your exciting announcement that cuts through the noise of a crowded marketplace.
This press release draws attention to your brand’s online store and helps build a positive reputation.
This is especially true when it’s well-written, follows AP Style, is informative, and is newsworthy.
All these moving pieces work together to boost website visits, leads, and most importantly, sales conversions.
Product Launch Press Release Must-Haves
A product launch press release aims to capture a target audience’s attention, introduce the product, and invite users to visit the company’s website to learn more.
When drafting this press release, make sure it includes the following:
- Identify a newsworthy angle. What makes this new product launch interesting? Is it part of a collection? Does it solve a problem other products on the market don’t? Is it a response to something your target audience has been asking for?
- Select relevant search engine optimization (SEO) keywords to include. Once you’ve determined the most appropriate keyword, be sure to include it in your headline, as a relevant hyperlink in the content, and throughout the body of the press release.
- An attention-grabbing headline that gives readers a sample of what’s to come in the press release. For a product launch press release headline, highlight the value the product brings to the consumer.
- Craft a sub-heading that provides extra detail about what the press release will cover.
- Include strong quotes from a company executive and a satisfied customer if possible. Sharing a strong testimonial is a great way to leverage social proof of the value your product provides.
- Share high-quality multimedia content such as an image of the product (preferably branded with your logo) and a video of your product in use.
- Close the press release with a clear call to action that encourages readers to meet the overarching goal of your product press release. For example, Visit company website/online store to purchase your product name and experience the difference for yourself.
If you’re preparing to launch a new product and need help crafting a press release that’ll expand your reach, build brand awareness, earn media mentions and increase website traffic.
We can help. Speak with a PR Strategist today.