Examples Of Successful Press Releases
If you are a complete beginner to writing press releases, or have tried to publish a couple but not gained the results you had hoped for, one of the best ways to get started, or try to improve your results, is to model your work on successful press releases, particularly ones related to your niche or industry.
By modeling in this way, you will be using the format which has become the expected standard for press releases. This should give you the opportunity to get more media pickups.
What is a press release?
A press release is an official statement from a business to journalists and other media representatives about something newsworthy related to the business. The goal of the press release is that journalists will be so impressed, they will pass it along to their readers.
What is the most important part of my press release?
Your press release MUST be newsworthy. It should not be an ad or a “fluff piece” that talks about your company but doesn’t inform the reader of any new information.
Examples of newsworthy items for a press release include:
- A new product release
- A live event you will be hosting
- A new free item you are giving away online, such as an ebook or special report (in order to get more subscribers)
- The latest financial results if you are a publicly traded company
Busy journalists are always on the lookout for information their own readers can really benefit from.
Since many journalists now specialize in particular niches or industries, they will be more than happy to see a genuinely newsworthy press release from you that is well-written and commands attention. They are more likely to give you a pickup because this is exactly what they need to help them write their articles and meet their deadlines.
So, what does a successful press release look like? Here is an example:
Company Y’s New N9 Launched; New Features Take Smartphones to the Next Level
San Jose, CA – Aug. 25, 2018
The upgrade to the popular N8 is finally here, and it has been worth the wait. The company has studied in detail how people use their mobile phones, and the features their users have said would be most useful. They’ve included them all in one sleek design that improves user experience whether they are at work or play. The new N9 is also built to last, with shock-proofing and waterproofing, designed to help the more than 50% of users who have dropped a phone and broken it, and the 20% who have dropped it down the toilet.
The new features include:
- A stylus can be used manually or controlled remotely, so you can take a selfie, advance the slides on your PowerPoint presentation, and more.
- A flip cover is both a wallet cover and a stand you can position in various ways to use it upright for easy viewing.
- A long-life battery that should last users all day, but is also wireless-charging enabled, so you can get a boost from anywhere.
- A display measuring 6.4 inches, with 516 pixels per inch and a resolution of 2960 x 1440. It can even be seen easily in daylight outdoors
- A front and back-facing camera with 2x optical zoom. On the back are telephoto and wide-angle lenses. Dual OIS stabilizes even the shakiest of handheld shots.
“The N9 is a huge step up from the N8 and superior to any other Android phone currently on the market,” said X Magazine reviewer Sam Brown after two weeks of using one. “It solves many of the issues Smartphone users have and gives them things they never knew they needed—until they start using the phone every day.”
Company Y is a leading manufacturer of mobile phones, TVs, computers, and smart appliances. To learn more about the N9, visit URL, or contact John Smith at email@example.com or 212-123-4567.