Inventec & H3 Platform Adopt Broadcom's High Performance NetXtreme Ethernet SoC for Falconwitch & Next-Gen Products
DENVER, November 11, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Inventec Corporation in partnership with H3 Platform Inc. today announced it has adopted Broadcom's BCM5880X NetXtreme® S-Series Ethernet System-on-Chip (SoC) for its Falconwitch product line. H3 Platform will showcase its new Falconwitch platform with Broadcom's 100G NetXtreme S-Series SoC at the SuperComputing 2017 (SC17) conference in Denver, Colorado from Nov. 13 to 16. The new Falconwitch leverages Broadcom's BCM5880X and PCIe Gen3 x16 switch to provide local NVMe SSD, enabling a high-performance, low-latency, scalable NVMe-oF storage array. The BCM5880X will also be integrated into future Falconwitch products.
Falconwitch is a 4U box containing 288 PCIe lanes
- 8 PCIex16 front slots for 3 types of FRUs: canister for standard GPGPU, canister for U.2 NVMe, and canister for Nvidia SXM2
- 8 PCIex8 rear slots for: PCIex8 host connection or HHHL PCIe device (up to 35W)
- 6 PCIex16 rear slots for: PCIex16 host connection or FHHL PCIe device (up to 50W)
- One system to support DL, NVMe storage, and composable computing
Key Benefits of Falconwitch
- Provides almost linear performance with 1 ~ 16 GPGPU
- Can be expanded to tens or hundreds of Falconwitch
- Improves resource utilization
- Decouples life cycles of GPU, CPU, and various kinds of PCIe devices
- Allows SR-IOV devices to be shared by multiple physical RCs
Other than Falconwitch, H3 Platform and Inventec are working on next-generation products to address specific market niches.
Please visit us at SC17
- Booth # 2075: See high-performance DL demo
- Room 401 (Emerging Technologies): See composable computing demo
- iCAIR/Northwestern University Booth: See NVMe-oF remote demo
For detailed product info and product roadmap, please contact:
About Inventec Corporation
Inventec Corporation is a Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) making notebook computers, servers and smart devices. Established in 1975, Inventec has since grown significantly to become one of the world's top computer manufacturers and main focus on ODM business. Inventec Corporation has major development and manufacturing facilities in China, and is one of China's largest exporters. We launched our first development center in 1991 in China, and also our first manufacturing facility in Shanghai in 1995. In addition, Inventec has configuration and service centers in the United States, Europe and Mexico.
About H3 Platform, Inc.
H3 Platform develops and sells the innovative PCIe switch box used in the HPC industry. The core product is the GPU external chassis with integration of PCIe devices such as GPU, NIC, Raid, and so on. By working with US and China tier 1 HPC customers, H3 builds this GPGPU box to ease the jobs of AI experts, and lets AI experts focus on improving AI algorithm. This solution can highly increase the utilization rate of the system and devices, and also lower the cost of the entire rack.
Source: H3 Platform, Inc.