America's Warrior Partnership Launches 'Double Up for Veterans' Campaign to Support Veteran-Serving Programs
-- Nonprofit gears up for Giving Season through new gift-matching program and the 2019 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) --
WASHINGTON, October 31, 2019 (Newswire.com) - America’s Warrior Partnership announced today the launch of its “Double Up For Veterans” campaign, a gift-matching program raising funds for and awareness of service programs for military veterans, their families and caregivers. From now through the end of the year, contributions of up to $25,000 that are donated through direct mail or the America’s Warrior Partnership website will be matched by the nonprofit’s partners.
“We designed Double Up For Veterans to show supporters the tangible impact that their contributions have on veteran communities,” said Jim Lorraine, president and CEO of America’s Warrior Partnership. “During the campaign on notable days such as Veterans Day and Giving Tuesday, our website and social media channels will feature stories of veterans who were empowered to overcome an obstacle through the support of a coordinated network of community services. We hope these success stories will inspire others to consider how they can support their local veterans now and throughout the rest of the year.”
In addition to Double Up For Veterans, America’s Warrior Partnership is participating in the 2019 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), the world’s largest annual workplace charitable giving campaign. Military and civilian federal employees can pledge funds at their workplace using code #27114 to support the America’s Warrior Partnership mission of empowering communities to empower veterans.
Donations made to these campaigns will support programs such as:
- Community Integration – America’s Warrior Partnership’s proven model that provides veteran-serving organizations with the tools and support to implement a customized program that is responsive to the unique needs of local veterans.
- The Network – A coordination platform that expands the reach of community-based veteran-serving organizations by connecting them to national resources when local resources and relationships either do not exist or have been exhausted.
- Operation Deep Dive – A first-of-its-kind research collaboration conducted in partnership with the University of Alabama and the Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation to examine the factors involved in suicide and early mortality due to self-harm among veterans.
- The Corporate Veteran Initiative – A program empowering businesses with insights and guidance on creating a veteran-friendly company culture.
- The Four Star Alliance – A membership program of vetted community organizations that provide adaptive sports, therapeutic recreation and wellness programs to veterans.
For more information on America’s Warrior Partnership and opportunities to support the organization’s mission, visit www.AmericasWarriorPartnership.org/donate.
About America’s Warrior Partnership
America’s Warrior Partnership is committed to empowering communities to empower veterans. We fill the gaps that exist between current veteran service organizations by helping nonprofits connect with the veterans, military members and families in need: bolstering their efficacy, improving their results and empowering their initiatives. America’s Warrior Partnership is a force multiplier for warrior community integration that enhances communities where great Americans choose to live and contribute. For more information on the organization and how to get involved, visit www.AmericasWarriorPartnership.org.
Source: America's Warrior Partnership
Categories: Non Profit
Tags: Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation, Combined Federal Campaign, Double Up for Veterans, empowered veteran, giving season, Jim Lorraine, match campaign, military, nonprofit, support, University of Alabama, veterans