5 Ways Alcohol Can Destroy the Body
Los Angeles, California, June 21, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Narconon has found that preventing or resolving alcohol abuse and addiction problems can be as simple as realizing that the damage far outweighs the perceived benefits.
So, before you or your loved one take that next drink, consider what excessive use can mean to your future.
1. Alcohol severely damages the liver, vital to filtering out harmful substances in food and converting nutrients into energy. It can cause jaundice and cirrhosis and ultimately result in death.
2. Alcohol damages the digestive system, including salivary glands, teeth, and mouth. It can cause or worsen heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, pancreatitis, ulcers and hemorrhoids and increases the risk of esophageal, throat, stomach and intestinal cancers.
3. Alcohol weakens the immune system’s ability to fight off disease and infection.
4. Alcohol leads to weak bones by damaging the liver and pancreas, necessary for the absorption of vitamin D and calcium.
5. Alcohol can cause brain damage and increase the risk of dementia. (Think of the common effects of excessive consumption including slurred speech, impaired coordination, and poor judgment.)
For more information or for help with a friend or loved one with an alcohol problem, visit Narconon.org.