USPTO Director and Leading IP Experts to Share Insights at IAM's Patent Litigation 2019
LONDON, July 17, 2019 (Newswire.com) - Andrei Iancu, Director of the USPTO, has been confirmed as a keynote speaker at a patent litigation event to be held in Washington D.C. this November.
The past 18 months have seen a flurry of changes in the patent world, most notably in the structure of the PTAB and the 101 bill hearings. Mr Iancu’s appearance at Patent Litigation 2019 will be one of the first opportunities following June’s hearings to listen him speak directly about their outcome.
He will be leading a panel discussing the state of play with 101 and the Federal Circuit’s impact as the PTAB’s appeals court.
Mr Iancu will be joined by several other industry leaders who will be discussing developments at the PTAB, the global litigation climate and the future of IP policy.
The panels include big names in the world of IP, such as:
- Jacqueline Bonilla, Deputy Chief Judge, PTAB
- Tim Bedard, Vice President, Chief Patent Counsel, Visa
- Vaishali Udupa, Vice President, Associate General Counsel for IP Litigation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Charles Duan, Director, Technology and Innovation Policy, R Street Institute
- Mary Morry, Counsel, IP Litigation, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Peter Waibel, Head, Patent Litigation, Novartis Pharma
Patent Litigation 2019, November 5, Washington D.C.
Find out more about the event here: https://www.iam-events.com/PatentLitigation
For further information on Patent Litigation 2019 and IAM, please contact me at cetroit@GlobeBMG.com.
Categories: Intellectual Property Law