Read Work Weeks Information From Calendar & Project Data From MPD File Inside .NET Apps
This new release supports reading project data from Microsoft Access database (MPD) File. It also provides the capability to read work weeks information from Project Calendar. This is supported for XML and MPP file formats only. Moreover, the API provides the capability to customize Timescale tier labels according to the current CultureInfo of the machine.
NSW, Australia, February 9, 2016 (Newswire.com) - This article explains the new and enhanced features included in Aspose.Tasks for .NET 9.2.1. It includes reading project data from Microsoft Access Database file and enhancements. It also includes a number of bug fixes that overall improves the API functionality. Aspose documentation section, Public API Changes, lists all the changes that are part of this month’s release. This month’s release introduces a new feature of reading project data from Microsoft Access Database (MPD) file. The DBSettings class can be used to initiate the connection to the MPD File to be read as shown in the following code sample. This month’s release also provides the capability to read work weeks information from Project Calendar. This is supported for XML and MPP file formats only. the WorkWeekCollection represents collection of Work weeks in the calendar and can be used as shown in the following code sample. Aspose.Tasks API provides the capability to customize Timescale tier labels according to the current CultureInfo of the machine.The DateTimeConverter(DateTime date) delegate provides a converter method to convert date to string in view timescale tiers. In addition, the TimescaleTier.DateTimeConverter enables rendering of date in desired format. This release includes plenty of new features as listed below
• Add MS Project MPD files reading support.
• Customize timescale tier labels according to current CultureInfo
• Read work weeks information from calendar.
• Wrong parent value Id retrieved from Outline codes in MPP
• Loading a project raises exception due to missing font on system
• Support Aspose.Tasks for Mono
• Project reading exception while loading the MPP file
• Reading MPP file raises ProjectReadingException
• Project reading exception raised while loading the project
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks users can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/project-management-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/tasksnet/Home