OST 2013/2016 Formats & Paging Support for Listing Appointments From Exchange Server Using .NET
It includes support for OST 2013/2016 Formats and Paging Support for Listing Appointments from Exchange Server. This month's release also includes a new feature of manipulating attachments in messages with RTF body. Moreover, it also adds Managing Outlook MSG Attachments in Messages, Paging Support for Listing Message using IMAP, Getting Specific Contact from Exchange Server, Reading Complete Embedded Message from Attachment and many more.
NSW, Australia, February 16, 2016 (Newswire.com) - This article explains the new and enhanced features included Aspose.Email for .NET 6.2.0. It introduces a new feature of reading Offline Storage (OST) files 2013 and 2016 formats. It refers to it as the most demanding feature from our customers as it was creating limitations for them in manipulating these specific OST formats. However, it should be noted that, at present, the API only supports reading these OST formats and support for writing/updating is unavailable. This month’s release also enhances the functionality of listing appointments from Microsoft Exchange Server in case there are large number of appointments available. The functionality has been enhanced so that user can specify the number of items per page while listing appointments from server. This provides the capability to get list of appointments quickly by limiting the retrieved list’s count per page. A number of overload methods of ListAppointments have been provided that also include the option of including MailQuery as input parameter. In addition to listing appointments with paging support on Exchange server, this month’s release also provides paging support while retrieving messages using the API’s ImapClient. This helps retrieve messages from server as per requirements specified in items per page. This month’s release also includes a new feature of manipulating attachments in messages with RTF body. It introduces two new methods to insert and replace attachments in such a message. The Insert method allows to insert an embedded message at a specific index in RTF body. The Replace method provides the capability to replace the embedded message contents with the new ones. Aspose.Email API already provides the capability to get contacts from Exchange server using its Exchange Web Service (EWS) client. However, it may not always be necessary to get all the contacts from Exchange server. In order to fetch only a single contact using its id, this month’s release provides a new method, GetContact, that can be used to fetch a contact from exchange server using the contact Id. Outlook messages may further contain embedded messages as attachments. The API’s MapiMessage.FromProperties creates a bare bone email template from such embedded message’s properties but it is never a complete message. With this month’s release, it is now possible to extract complete message from such an attachment’s object data. This month’s release also includes a number of bug fixes that further improve the overall API functionality. The main bug fixes & improved features added in this release are listed below
• Support for reading MS Outlook 2013/2016 OST file format.
• EWS: Paging support for the list of appointments
• IMAP: Paging support for the list of messages
• MAPI message: Reading embedded messages from attachments
• MAPI message: Replacing embedded messages
• Problem reading vCard-files with UTF-8 encoded data (nordic)
• From address not retrieved using MailMessage
• Recurrence button not shown active for recurrence
• Resaving MSG file corrupts OLE attachments
• MapiMessage.FromProperties does not read complete embedded message from attachment
• ExchangeClient.MoveMessage raises 412 Precondition Failed for Messages with Same Subject
• Formatting Issues with Bulgarian date time format
• Issue with First/Last work day of iCalendar pattern (SETPOS)
• Exception raised while converting MSG to XPS using MailPrinter
• Attached message raises exception while printing it
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Overview: Aspose.Email for .NET
Aspose.Email for .NET is a set of components allowing developers to easily implement email functionality within their ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It Supports Outlook PST, EML, MSG & MHT formats. It allows developers to work with SMTP, POP3, FTP & MS Exchange servers. It supports mail merge, iCalendar, customized header & body, header information, embedded files, Twitter & many more. It makes it easy to work with HTML or plain text emails & their attachments.
- Homepage of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/email-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066