NovaCopy Awarded LEED Gold Certification for Memphis Facility
NovaCopy, Inc., has received the LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its new office at 7251 Appling Farms Parkway in Memphis, TN. NovaCopy is also being singled out with a $5,000 award from the LEED Incentive program to be presented, Wednesday, May 25 by Memphis Light Gas and Water (MLGW) President & CEO Jerry Collins.
Memphis, TN, May 24, 2016 (Newswire.com) - NovaCopy, Inc., has received the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its new office at 7251 Appling Farms Parkway, Memphis, 38133. In addition to joining a select group of innovative LEED spaces in Tennessee, NovaCopy is also being singled out with a $5,000 award from the LEED Incentive program.
“It’s truly an amazing building, LEED Gold certified. No other company in our industry has created such an environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient building,” said Darren Metz, CEO of NovaCopy. “And, it’s such an honor to receive the award from the LEED Incentive program. With the business growth in the greater Memphis area, we needed a new home, a state-of-the-art facility to showcase the latest and most innovative copiers, 3D Printer tech, and Managed IT solutions. We definitely succeeded.”
Executive director for the USGBC Tennessee Chapter, Holly Baird, MBA, LEED AP+ID&C, RID, recognized the accomplishment advances the USGBC’s mission to transform and create healthy, prosperous and sustainable communities in Tennessee.
“On behalf of the US Green Building Council Tennessee Chapter, we want to say congratulations on achieving a LEED New Construction Gold rating,” Baird said. “Your project is joining a select group of sustainable and innovative spaces that are LEED certified in Tennessee. This recognition is more than a piece of paper, or a plaque on the wall. It is an investment in the community. It is a benefit to the planet.”
The LEED Incentive award will be presented in the new office, Wednesday, May 25 by the US Green Building Council Tennessee Chapter, the Memphis council branch office and Memphis Light Gas and Water (MLGW). Jerry Collins, President & CEO of MLGW will be on hand to present the check.
LEED is a voluntary third-party verified green building rating system developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), a non-profit based in Washington, D.C. The LEED rating system provides a framework to assist an organization's goal of minimizing building energy and water use, which reduce environmental impacts and increases the indoor environmental quality for the occupants.
Some key/unique features to NovaCopy’s facility include:
- A total of 27,736 sq. ft.
- On-site 50kW roof mounted Solar System
- Participant in TVA’s Green Power Provider program
- At least 70 percent of annual electricity usage is off-set by purchasing green-e certified power that is produced from renewable sources
- Recycled pallets lining the walls of the warehouse area
- General area lighting fixtures controlled from a microprocessor-based relay system with time of day and on/off scheduling functions
- Each office has its own HVAC unit
- The warehouse is heated and ventilated for safety – for freeze protection of the sprinkler system in the winter and for carbon monoxide build up year-round – rather than for occupant comfort
- Plumbing system has been designed to achieve a minimum of 40 percent reduction in potable water usage
- By selecting specific vegetation suitable to the regional climate and installing high-efficiency irrigation potable water use for irrigation will be reduced by 52 percent
- Recycling plan for cardboard, paper, plastics, glass, metals and pallets
- LEED building tour to educate visitors on the facilities unique features
- Free meeting space for area businesses
- 3D Printing and Prototyping Lab
Belz Architecture & Construction was chosen to bring the project to life, creating the LEED facility with visionary themes from NovaCopy’s owners as well as concepts from Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece, Fallingwater.
“The NovaCopy project certainly expresses the vision and values of this client,” said Tim Garrett, AIA, with Belz Architecture. “The client’s progressive and forward-thinking vision combined with their community values are what makes this project successful. We, at Belz Architecture, have been very fortunate to work with clients willing to reach far beyond ‘ordinary,’ and NovaCopy was no exception. All we did was listen.”
NovaCopy’s new facility was recently a finalist in the Memphis Business Journal’s “Building Memphis Awards.” Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with free cost analysis and two-week office copier and printer system demonstrations available to all area businesses. Tours are available. Contact NovaCopy for more details.
# # #
NovaCopy is an award-winning, full-service provider of copiers, 3D Printing technology, Managed IT Services and Document Solutions. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by Inc. Magazine, NovaCopy offers free cost analysis so you may easily choose the exact solutions, equipment, accessories and software to meet your needs – within your budget. Headquartered in Nashville, NovaCopy, Inc. has nine branches throughout the South with revenues of $70 million in 2015. For more information, please visit: www.NovaCopy.com. Follow NovaCopy on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news.
Source: Novacopy, Inc.