Life Insurance Settlements Inc. Announces a New Partnership With InsMark as a Member of Their Advanced Consulting Group
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., December 22, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Life Insurance Settlements Inc. announces a new partnership with InsMark as a member of their Advanced Consulting Group. Established in 1983, InsMark was founded by Robert B. Ritter, Jr. to provide illustration software and related marketing services for the insurance and financial services industry. InsMark provides its customer base with marketing strategies for the upscale personal and business insurance markets with some 25,000 financial advisors using its software products today.
Life Insurance Settlements Inc. (LIS) is the largest independently owned brokerage in the life settlement industry whose specialty is in appraising life insurance policies insuring seniors for their true market value i.e., the amount a third party would be willing to give the owner of a policy over and above the insurance company’s cash surrender value. LIS offers a free non-binding appraisal of a senior client’s policy and will present the case to the most qualified Institutional buyers in the marketplace. Their goal is to negotiate the highest settlement appraisal on behalf of the individual and their client.
What is a Life Settlement: A Life Settlement is the sale of a life insurance policy to a third party for an amount greater than the cash surrender value. Typically, the sale involves an insured age 65 or older with a life insurance policy that is no longer needed, wanted or affordable to an investment company that provides the owner of the policy with a lump sum cash payment. The secondary market for life insurance provides an alternative to accepting the issuing insurance company’s surrender value for the policy.
Who are candidates for a Life Settlement:
- Insured over the age of 65 or anyone age if they are suffering from a life threatening (chronic) or terminal illness
- Own a Universal Life, Term, or a Joint Survivor Policy with a minimum face value of 100k
- Policy has been in force for 2 years or more
Financial Benefits to the Insured
- Relief from premium Payments
- Fund Long Term Care, Annuities or other financial products that better suit needs
- Gifts to Heirs or Charities
POLICY AND LAPSE INFORMATION
- Est. $143 billion FV– Life Insurance lapsed annually by insured 65 years or older. (2015 latest data)
- 90% of seniors who lapsed a policy would have considered a life settlement had they know of the option (ISI, 2010)
- 79% of clients feel advisors should inform them about a life settlement (ICR Life Insurance Study, 2012)
LEGISLATORS AROUND THE COUNTRY AGREE THAT CONSUMERS SHOULD KNOW THEIR OPTIONS
In 2010, the National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL) unanimously passed the Life Insurance Consumer Disclosure Model Act, on which this piece of legislation is based. Since the passage of NCOIL’s Model, numerous states have explored the issue and nine states have passed some form of consumer disclosure, including California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, Oregon, Washington, and Wisconsin.
KEY FEATURES OF LIFE SETTLEMENT REGULATION
- Transparency – Life settlements offer full transparency to the policy owner and include consumer-friendly disclosures of alternatives to selling a policy, compensation paid to life settlement brokers, and disclosure of risks associated with selling a policy.
- Privacy – Companies must adhere to applicable state and federal privacy laws.
- Required Licensure and Forms Approved – Licenses are required for life settlement brokers and providers. Life settlement contracts, disclosures, escrow agreements and anti-fraud plans must be submitted for approval.
For more information on this often overlooked or misunderstood alternative to lapse or surrender for senior clients represented, please don’t hesitate to reach out today!
Source: Life Insurance Settlements, Inc.
Tags: life insurance, life insurance for sale, life insurance policies, life insurance policy, life insurance policyholders, life insurance settlements, life insurance settlements inc, life settlements, life settlements for sale