Virtual Reality-Primed 5G Networks Already Made Possible by Consortium of Pioneering Tech Firms
This innovative physical infrastructure is able to fully enable extremely demanding networked application areas thus far only dreamed of, such as Networked High Definition Virtual Reality
LOS ANGELES, Calif., May 11, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Angie Communications, the world’s largest telecoms startup with projects underway in USA and Europe, and its technology partners IgniteNet, Fibrolan and Elva-1, today announced the launch of the world’s fastest and most scalable Internet Service Provider, utilizing purpose-built and jointly developed technologies and solutions. Angie intends to deploy the same technological and design model in all its upcoming markets.
This consortium of next-generation communications expert technology firms have pushed the barriers of telecommunications and technology to create a 5G Primed Infrastructure available to, and affordable for, the masses — be they residents or businesses of all sizes — spanning and scaling buildings, neighborhoods, cities, and nations.
The consortium partners are pioneers with ground-breaking achievements under their belts in their respective fields. Their combined technological, engineering and R&D prowess has resulted in a unique scalable design and deployment model that may well be the end game for fiber-optic build-outs in neighborhoods as its combined average throughput could exceed 40 and even 80 Gbps and the aggregated capacity could exceed 400 or 800 Gbps — per square mile. Such throughput and capacity per square mile should be able to handle the future explosive usage of VR and other forms of Reality applications.
Simply put, thanks to the consortium's customized and purpose-built technologies, Angie is the only firm in the world able to build VR, AR, and Mixed Reality capable infrastructure on a huge scale. Without Angie's infrastructure, the dream of massive-scale Networked x-Reality will never be realized (due to limitations of current systems and networks).
This innovative infrastructure, organized for and with Angie Communications by the technology consortium over the last 6+ months, is able to fully enable extremely demanding networked application areas thus far only dreamed of, such as Networked High Definition Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, and Augmented Reality. In essence, the Angie infrastructure is the “killer platform” for “killer initiatives” and “killer applications” such as Microsoft’s HoloLens, Facebook’s Oculus, and Google VR - Daydream, Cardboard, and Jump (VR film-making), Samsung Gear VR, TheWaveVR (a VR platform for music lovers), InstaVR, 8th Wall, and Mindshow.
Simply put, thanks to the consortium’s customized and purpose-built technologies, Angie is the only firm in the world able to build VR, AR, and Mixed Reality capable infrastructure on a huge scale. Without Angie’s infrastructure, the dream of massive-scale Networked x-Reality will never be realized (due to limitations of current systems and networks). As stated before, Angie’s Wireless Extreme network is, among others, the killer platform for x-Reality – i.e., the future across any and all vertical sectors: Education/Learning, Design Prototyping, Gaming, Architecture & Interiors, Simulation, Virtual Worlds & Communities, Entertainment, Retail, etc.
With the Networked Virtual Reality Platform more than capably addressed, it follows that other emerging — lesser demanding — 5G application platforms and areas such as Small Cell fiber backhaul, Smart Cities-As-A-Platform, IoT, and Connected-Everything, are also easily catered for from the same revolutionary infrastructure. Additional information is available through these breakthrough joint publications and announcements:
- Blueprint for Building 5G Primed Fiber Backhauled Telecom Infrastructures (Published May 8, 2017, link)
- Smart City-as-a-Platform: Proposing an evolutionary blueprint-based partnership with Angie Communications (link)
- Angie's multi-purpose ultra-high-capacity networks: Small Cells, Gigabit Wireless Access, Smart Cities, IoT, and Fiber Backhaul (link)
Angie has Wired Extreme & Wireless Extreme infrastructure Hubs imminent and already live in multiple locations throughout the Netherlands, with more to follow closely in our other initial roll-out markets — UK and US.
Some specifics on the Angie infrastructure, as devised with the technology partners:
- Extreme performance: 80Gbps backhaul capacity per sqm, that can even be further scaled up, coupled with ultra-low latency
- VR and AR ready: designed to support future needs of large-scale VR and AR applications (as explained above)
- Critical Infrastructure: with a combination of path and power diversity, as well as security, the network is fit to be mission critical ready (e.g., when being a single ISP in certain areas)
- Environmentally safe: all elements are compact (for pole mounting), require low power (much less than a typical mobile base station) and emitting lower radio energy
- Ultra-Intelligent Switching: each pole is equipped with a highly advanced, compact and robust switching node, with multi-10G interfaces (the AngieBox), to serve all current and future needs of wireless backhaul (including 5G)
- High capacity Access Points: cutting edge Tri-band 60GHz and Wi-Fi Access Points, with 10Gbps capability, each
- Radio links: 10Gbps MM-wave links for environment hurdles (e.g. rivers) and alternate backhaul paths
- Redundant paths: using alternate fiber routes (the switching nodes are geared for high-speed protection schemes) and 10G wireless links, path diversity and redundancy is easily achieved
- Fiber partner independence: having multiple fiber chains, combined with radio links, allows for flexible fiber partner selection and commercial terms, resulting in reduced operational costs
- Terrain and landscape independence: using a combination of underground fiber, aerial fiber and radio links, any area can be connected and any obstacle (such as a river, deep canyon, etc.) can be crossed
- 5G ready: the switching nodes can provide backhaul services for LTE and 5G small cells, including embedded timing support
- Secured: the wireless access and radio links are highly secured, and the fiber links can easily be enhanced to full line encryption
About Angie Communications
Angie was founded by an international team of highly qualified technology professionals. Angie’s team includes renowned visionaries and industry pioneers who have helped shape the 4G mobile, 5G wireless and Fibre-To-The Premises industries. Angie’s founding team has a combined 500+ years of experience in business; its executive team consists of industry pioneers and experts with a combined 300 years of telecom experience.
Angie is proud Partner Sponsor of the Broadband World Forum in Berlin, 24-26 October, 2017, where the consortium partners will be present at Angie’s 100+ square meter information booth. Angie’s CEO will be a keynote speaker on October 25.
For more information about Angie’s Gigabit Wireless Extreme projects, please visit www.angiewireless.com/news or watch the explainer video with NBA Hall of Fame legend and Angie angel investor Rick Barry, here.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, IgniteNet is a wholly owned subsidiary of SMC Networks, Inc. IgniteNet has a proven track record of producing powerful, reliable, easy-to-deploy, and innovative cloud managed wireless solutions and the industry's lowest-cost 60 GHz wireless technology through channel partners worldwide, focusing on Enterprises and Service Providers.
For more information, please visit http://www.ignitenet.com.
Founded in 1993, ELVA‐1 is world renowned in the commercial industrial and scientific instrumentation markets as a trusted supplier of components and systems for frequencies from 30 GHz to 1THz. Since 2000, ELVA‐1 has designed and manufactured ultra‐high speed radio links according to ECC and FCC requirements. Their available link operating frequencies include 40.5‐43.5 GHz, 71‐76 & 81‐86 GHz, and 92‐95 GHz with emphasis on 71‐76 & 81‐86 GHz as the FCC has streamlined licensing rules for E‐band. Similarly, the European CEPT channel plan regulations (ECC Recommendation(05)07) for 71‐76 GHz and 81-86 GHz frequency band radios has opened EU wireless fronthaul, backhaul and network extension markets for point‐to‐point fixed wireless systems (FWS).
For further information: www.elva-1.com
Founded in 1996, Fibrolan has broad experience in the development, production, delivery and long-term support of communication infrastructure systems. The company specializes in multiple key areas, such as Intelligent Access Networks, Timing and Synchronization and xWDM. These enable Fibrolan to deliver comprehensive solutions for a variety of applications and market verticals. One of the company’s most important assets is its ability to deliver optimized solutions to its customers (including dedicated development), in record time, thanks to its start-up attitude, combined with extensive and solid infrastructure and knowledge, based on more than 20 years of experience.
For further information: www.fibrolan.com
Source: Next Generation Development & Infrastructures Consortium (NGDIC)