The Influencer Marketing Factory's Survey: Gen Z & Millennials Social Commerce Habits

What 350 American Gen Z & Millennials Think About Buying Through Social Media

free social commerce report

Social commerce is taking over; studies show it is an $89 billion market currently. In basic terms, it is the process of selling products directly on social media. Through social commerce, the entire shopping experience, from product discovery to checkout, takes place on the social media platform. The current platforms that permit social commerce are Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.

The Influencer Marketing Factory completed a survey that studied the U.S. market to date over this emerging trend. Our survey was focused on Gen Z and Millennial shoppers, and understanding their preferences when it comes to social media, shopping, and their overall consumer behavior. 

After analyzing our results, we narrowed down three main findings. Which include:

  1. 40% of Gen Z and Millennials interviewed have bought something while watching a live stream on a social media app
  2. 53% of the responders said they like to carefully research the product online before buying, while only 12% said they buy something right away after seeing it on social media (e.g. in an influencer post or live streaming)
  3. 61% prefer "Add to cart" (without leaving the social media app), while the other 39% prefers "Buy on third-party website" (leaving the social media app)

Learn more about our findings on social commerce and more insights about this topic by downloading our free Status of Social Commerce Report and on our dedicated infographic.

About The Influencer Marketing Factory:

The Influencer Marketing Factory is a global full-service influencer marketing agency that helps brands engage with Gen Z and Millennials audiences on TikTok, YouTube and Instagram.

---

Contact: Amy Collins
Company: The Influencer Marketing Factory
Phone: (800) 469-9753
Email: hello@theinfluencermarketingfactory.com
Web: https://theinfluencermarketingfactory.com

Source: The Influencer Marketing Factory

Share:


Categories: Marketing

Tags: ecommerce, influencer, influencer marketing, report, social commerce, The Influencer Marketing Factory


About The Influencer Marketing Factory

View Website

The Influencer Marketing Factory is a global influencer marketing agency that helps brands and companies engage with Gen Z & Millennials on TikTok, YouTube and Instagram.

Amy Collins
PR Specialist, The Influencer Marketing Factory
The Influencer Marketing Factory
66 W Flagler St (Suite 900)
Miami, FL 33130
United States