The American Laser Study Club 2nd Annual Symposium
Announcing the Speaker Lineup for March 29-31, 2019, in Phoenix, Arizona
BOTHELL, Wash., November 13, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Don’t miss the chance to attend the 2019 premier gathering of the top laser surgeons and dentists at the American Laser Study Club (ALSC) 2nd Annual Symposium March 29–31, 2019, in Phoenix, Arizona. Join us for more than 50 exhilarating presentations in four tracks by 50-plus physicians, dentists, veterinarians and other specialists. CE credits will be provided and hands-on training will be available. Learn more at alsc.club/symposium.
The symposium has four (4) specialty and topic-focused sessions:
- Laser Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Veterinary Laser Surgery, Dentistry, and Dermatology
- Laser Frenectomy (Tongue- and Lip-Tie Release)
- Photobiomodulation, Laser Therapy, and Cosmetic Laser Surgery
Below are just SOME of the presenters and presentations scheduled*:
- Rajeev Agarwal, MD, FAAP - "Talk of the Town - The Untied Tongue"
- Charles M. Cobb, DDS, MS, Ph.D. - "The Current Status of Laser Mediated Treatment of Periodontal Disease"
- Jack Dillenberg, DDS, MPH - "And You Thought Dentistry Was Just About Teeth"
- Robert A. Strauss DDS, MD, FACS - "Laser Surgery: Techniques and the Science"
Laser Dentistry and Oral Surgery Session
- Manuel Castillo, DDS, Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry - "Lasers in Pediatric Dentistry: The Power of Light"
- Claudia Cotca, DDS, MPH - "Microscopic Laser Surgery in Frenectomy Clinical Protocols with Assisted Aesthetic-Functional Periodontal Mapping"
- Patricia DeVilliers, DDS, MS, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologist - "Biopsy of Oral Soft Tissues: Indications, Techniques and Management."
- Elizabeth Fleming, DDS - "Laser Pointers: Activated Tips for your Practice"
- Kinga Grzech-Leśniak, DDS, Ph.D. - "Microbiological Evaluation of Neodymium and Erbium Lasers on Oral Pathogens"
- Martin A. Kaplan, DMD, DABLS - “My Journey from Diode to CO2 over 15 years”
- Robert Levine, DDS - "How the use of lasers can help support all dynamics of restorative dentistry. This includes the support of virtual technologies." and "Laser Use in the Academic Environment: What We are Teaching our Pre-Doctoral Students."
- Sheena Patel, DMD, MPH - "An Overview of Common Oral Lesions: Diagnosis and Management"
- Marc Shlossman, DDS, MS - "Improved Non-Surgical Periodontal Outcomes with Adjunctive Diode Laser"
- Ben Sutter, DMD - "Identification and Laser Eradication of Oral Cavity Spirochetes: Case Study, or How to Use a Laser Like a Jedi."
- Richard B. Winter, DDS, MAGD, DABOI/ID, DCOI, FAAID, DABLS - "Modified Minimal Crown Lengthening and other laser Pearls for General Dentistry"
Veterinary Laser Surgery, Dentistry, and Dermatology Session
- Lori Agulian, DVM - "Carbon Dioxide Surgical Laser for Excision of Cutaneous and Subcutaneous Soft Tissue Sarcomas and Mast Cell Tumors in Dogs: 19 cases (2004 to 2018)"
- Pedro Azevedo, DVM, MSc, Pst-Grd - "Comparison of the Hemodynamic Response in General Anesthesia between Patients Submitted to Skin Incision with Scalpel and CO2 Laser Using Dogs as an Animal Model."
- Noel A. Berger, DVM, MS, Dip. ABLS - "Veterinary Oral Laser Surgery: Ahhh!"
- David S. Bradley, DVM, FASLMS - "Surgical Lasers In Veterinary Medicine"
- Miguel Carreira, Ph.D., MSc, DTO, Pst-Grd, DMD, DVM - "Comparison of the Influence of CO2-laser and Scalpel Skin Incisions on the Surgical Wound Healing Process" and “Comparative study on the plasmatic CRP level variation in dogs undergoing surgery with CO2 Laser and Scalpel blade incisions in a pre- and post-surgical time-point”
- Lorraine A. Corriveau, DVM, DABVP (canine/ feline) - "The use of CO2 laser in exotic animals" and "The use of CO2 laser in veterinary dentistry and oral surgery"
- David D. Duclos, DVM, DACVD - "Excision and Ablation of Various Dermatologic Lesions in the Dog and Cat"
- Edward F. Gilsleider, DVM - "CO2 Laser Surgery in Small Exotic Animals"
- Jakub Kaczmarek, DVM - "How the CO2 laser revolutionized my approach to general and perineal surgeries"
- Ziemowit Kudła, DVM - "Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) - my 7 years of experience using Aesculight CO2 laser, over 460 patients operated"
- William E. Schultz, DVM - “Laser Eyelid Surgical Procedures”
- Christopher J. Winkler, DVM, VMLSO, Dip. ABLS - "Veterinary CO2 Surgical Laser Case Presentations."
Laser Frenectomy Session
- Diana Batoon, DMD - "Pediatric Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing"
- James M. Bronson, DDS, FIAO - "Airway Enhancement following Myofunctional Therapy, Lingual Frenectomy and Quantum ALF Therapy in OSA patients"
- Sheila Busch, MSN, RN, OMT-C, FNP-C - "Taking Care of T.O.T.S. (in the Wild Wild West)"
- Michelle Emanuel, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist - "Mission NOT Accomplished! How a full release can end up ‘reattached’ and inhibit great functional outcomes and what to do to prevent it."
- Tara Erson, DMD - "Building a Frenectomy Focused Dental Practice"
- Paula Fabbie, RDH, BS, COM - "Frenectomies - Too much, Too Little, Too Late"
- Martin A. Kaplan, DMD, DABLS - “Frenum Care Beyond the Infant”
- Shelly F. Klein, MD, DABLS, COM - "Car Seat Challenge Accepted"
- Lisa Lahey, RN, IBCLC, OMT - "Form Function and Physiology for TOTS Assessment across the Lifespan"
- Brynn L. Leroux, DDS - "The Joys and Challenges of Incorporating TOTS, Airway and Laser Procedures into Your Pediatric Dental Practice"
- Lisa Paladino, MS, RN, CNM, IBCLC - "Team Approach to Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs) in the Breastfeeding Infant"
- Patricia Pine, RDH, COM - "Lasers Meet Soft Tissue Frenums (TOTs)"
- German Ramirez-Yañez, DDS, Pedo. Cert., MDSC, Ph.D., FRCD - "Tongue-tie, sleep and breathing disorders and dental malocclusions: where the dots connect?"
- Cara Riek, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, IBCLC, DABLS - "Frenectomy Dissected: Discussion of anatomy pre and post exercises laser settings and other considerations."
- Justin Roche, MB ChB, MRCPCH, IBCLC - "How a Team approach optimizes outcome in Tongue Tie for infants and thus your clinics reputation" and "The effect of frenectomy on bottle fed infants with colic/reflux"
- Matthew J. Rowe, DDS, MSD - "Making Breast Friends: A collaborative approach to diagnosis, treatment and frenectomy aftercare."
- James Thomas, DDS, MS - “Sleepless in Seattle”
- Jesse R. Witkoff, DDS, Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry - “String theory: a non-unified theory of Frenuli”
- Karen M. Wuertz, DDS, ABCDSM, DABLS, FOM - "Talk the Talk: Exploring current terminology used in the specialty of oral restrictions and how it affects the perceptions and acceptance by multidisciplinary practitioners."
Photobiomodulation, Laser Therapy, and Cosmetic Laser Surgery Session
- Praveen Arany, BDS, MDS, MMSc, Ph.D. - "Photobiomodulation Therapy: An Innovative, Non-surgical Treatment with Broad Therapeutic Implications for Human Health"
- David S. Bradley, DVM, FASLMS - "Laser Therapy Simplified: A Quick Review of What You Really Need to Know"
- Katalin Kovács, DVM, Ph.D. - "Photodynamic Antibacterial Treatment (aPDT) in Pets"
- Ron Rubin, DMD, Diplomate, American Board of Maxillofacial Surgery - “A Study to Evaluate and Maximize the ‘Miniaturized’ Time Machine Infrared Laser for Successful Photobiomodulation Therapy”
- Warren B. Seiler, III, MD, DABLS - "Cosmetic Laser Protocols and Regimens"
Dentistry CE credits will be provided through partnership with ADA CERP CDE providers.
Veterinary CE credits will be provided through the AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) program.
The American Laser Study Club (ALSC) promotes science-based laser surgery, dentistry and safety education. The ALSC fills the void in current laser surgery and laser dentistry education (i.e., the physics of laser-tissue interaction, such as absorption, scattering, ablation, coagulation and hemostasis, soft and hard tissue ablation, laser safety, etc.) and helps physicians, dentists, veterinarians and practice staff members to excel at efficient and safe application of laser energy in everyday practice.
*Information, terms, conditions, program, schedule and list of speakers in this communication are subject to change without prior notice. This is not the final list of presenters or presentations; this is only a preview.
Learn more at alsc.club/symposium.
Source: American Laser Study Club
Categories: Medicine and Healthcare