Teamhood Survey of Engineering Project Managers Shows the Need for an Easy-to-Use Software
Teamhood - a project and team management platform - has announced the report on the State of Engineering Project Management. Project managers representing civil or mechanical engineering companies in 12 selected countries were surveyed in May 2021.
NEW YORK, June 10, 2021 (Newswire.com) - The project management landscape is changing rapidly with the widespread of remote work, businesses pressing for efficiency, and the overall digitalization of industries. Engineering (both civil and mechanical) companies are among the most affected by these factors. Massive adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and other engineering software solutions have changed the way engineering solutions are built. Project management and collaboration software have changed the way engineering projects are managed and delivered. The stereotype of an engineer running in the construction field with a mobile phone is fading away, just like the one sitting in the meeting room among piles of paper drawings.
The key findings of the survey:
- 48% of engineering companies do not use any dedicated project management software yet.
- 40% of engineering companies not using a dedicated project management software are considering to start using one within the next 12 months. Naming ease-of-use as the key criteria for a choice.
- Adopting a dedicated project management tool is more common in medium to larger teams consisting of more than five people - 55%, and in smaller companies consisting of less than 100 employees - 56%.
- The majority of those who are using a dedicated project management tool do it daily - 67%; weekly - 23%; rarely - 7%; and almost never - 4%.
- 31% of project managers that are already using a dedicated project management software would consider switching to a new one within 12 months. The main reason for the switch: the need for an easy-to-use tool accepted by the whole team.
Details and more findings are available in the full report on the State of Engineering Project Management by Teamhood - https://teamhood.com/project-management/state-of-engineering-project-management-2021/.
Teamhood is a project management and task management solution that helps companies to streamline business processes and deliver results faster. Teamhood is designed for professional teams seeking efficiency at work and full empowerment of their talents. Teamhood provides workspaces, customized kanban boards with fine-tuned time tracking, and collaboration functionalities, as well as visual agile metrics reporting.
Teamhood was developed by Eylean, a project management software company since 2011. Eylean products are valued by numerous engineering businesses such as Mercedes AG, Seele, Permasteelisa and others.
Find out more about Teamhood: https://teamhood.com.