Solar Therapeutics Officially Reopens Adult-Use Cannabis Dispensary Doors as Part of Phase II
Somerset-Based Marijuana Retailer Resumes Dispensary Sales with Social Distancing (Cannabis Drive-Thru Option Still Available)
SOMERSET, Mass., June 16, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Solar Therapeutics (Solar) - America’s only large-scale, energy-independent cannabis company - today announced that it will reopen its dispensary doors to the public for adult-use cannabis sales effective immediately.
Since the roll out of Phase I in Massachusetts' reopening plan, Solar has been able to provide a large volume of customers easy, expedited access to cannabis drive-thru. Now, with its dispensary doors officially opened, customers will have the option to continue to utilize its drive-thru or enter into Solar’s retail store.
“This is a step in the right direction not only for Solar, but retail establishments as a whole,” said Edward Dow, Solar Therapeutics CEO. “As we keep moving closer to normalcy, we’re seeing positive trends from a customer and sales perspective.”
Abiding by the Governor’s retail guidelines of Phase II, Solar’s dispensary can accommodate up to 19 individuals (including staff) at one time. All customers entering the dispensary must be wearing personal protective masks and maintain social distancing when picking up their order. In efforts to make the checkout experience as smooth as possible, Solar’s employees will exercise all appropriate sanitary measures to ensure the safety of their customers and staff.
“We’ve learned a lot of valuable lessons in operations and logistics during Phase I,” said Dow. “We’re excited to reopen the dispensary doors and still be able to offer our drive-thru services to those that aren’t comfortable with going into public environments just yet.”
Solar’s Somerset dispensary and cannabis drive-thru will remain open during regular hours of operation (Monday-Saturday: 9 am - 9 pm & Sun: 10 am - 6 pm). Customers can order online or on-site and pick up in-store. The dispensary storefront is currently accepting debit w/ pin and cash as forms of payment while drive-thru customers can only use debit w/ pin for the time being.
About Solar Therapeutics
Based in Somerset, MA. Solar is a 67,000 square foot marijuana cultivation facility coupled with on-site and off-site dispensary storefronts that supplies both medical and recreational cannabis products. Solar is organized as a MA. domestic for-profit corporation and has secured a Certificate of Registration from the MA. Cannabis Control Commission to operate in the Commonwealth. Developed behind the mantra Elevated. By Design™, Solar is unlike any cannabis manufacturing facility in America. Solar’s key differentiators are its production architecture, which is centered around the facility’s innovative design that utilizes green infrastructure and microgrid assets comprising a combination of solar arrays and high-efficiency combined-heat & power generation units. These green concepts enable Solar to produce sustainable cannabis both by lowering its overall energy profile as well as by generating all of its own clean power. While initial facility design lowered Solar’s energy profile by over 40%, the microgrid assets help to further reduce the remaining emissions by at least 60%, with an eventual goal to offset completely. Learn more at www.solarthera.com.
Source: Solar Therapeutics