Samaritan's Feet International Announces Two New Members to Board of Directors
CHARLOTTE, N.C., February 20, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan’s Feet International is pleased to announce that Jacqie McWilliams and Henry Santos have been elected to serve on the SFI Board of Directors. These two new board members join eight other Board members. McWilliams and Santos both bring a unique set of professional backgrounds and personal experience to the Board of Directors.
“We at Samaritan’s Feet are continuously pushing towards our goal of creating a world with zero shoeless children. This requires a board with exceptional skills and sharp insight and we are proud to have these two new members who will provide that,” Manny Ohonme, Co-Founder, CEO, & President of Samaritan’s Feet, said. “They have both served with Samaritan’s Feet numerous times and their willingness to become an instrument of transformation so that they can empower, educate, and help children in need all over the world is evident.”
Introductions to the two new Board of Directors members:
- McWilliams is the Commissioner of the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) and leads all strategic planning for the conference, working closely with the 12 member institutions to support the advancement of student-athletes. Prior to her time at the CIAA, McWilliams spent nine years at the NCAA serving as the Director of the Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament in 2006-2009 and the Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament from 2007 to 2012. McWilliams is a motivational speaker and an active member of the Charlotte Crown Jewels Links Chapter and Central Church of God.
- Santos is the Chief Information Officer at Movement Mortgage where he leads their strategy to design, develop, and integrate advanced technology into a next-generation automated lending experience. Prior to Movement Mortgage, Santos led IBM’s Mortgage Business Services unit, was a partner at The Capital Markets Company and was a Managing Director at Accenture Credit Services, where he led the housing finance technical services division.
Other members of the Board of Directors include:
- Bishop James W. Dixon, The Community of Faith Church
- Jay Hein, President, The Sagamore Institute
- Kevin Henry, Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Extended Stay America
- Gwendolyn High, Associate Vice President - Community Relations of Aramark
- Rob Johnston, Chief Risk Officer, FIS’ Banking & Payments Segment
- Anne Neilson, Owner, Anne Neilson Home & Anne Neilson Fine Art Gallery
- Manny Ohonme, Co-Founder of Samaritan’s Feet
- Tracie Ohonme, Co-Founder of Samaritan’s Feet
About Samaritan’s Feet International
Samaritan’s Feet is a 501(c)(3) humanitarian aid organization that shares a message of hope and love through washing the feet of impoverished children around the world and adorning them with new shoes. There are an estimated 2.2 billion people worldwide living in poverty and more than 1.5 billion who suffer from foot borne diseases. The goal of Samaritan’s Feet is to create a world with zero shoeless children. Since its founding by Manny Ohonme in 2003, Samaritan’s Feet and its team of ambassadors and partners have blessed more than 6.6 million children in more than 90 nations. For more information about Samaritan’s Feet International, visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
Source: Samaritan's Feet