CHARLOTTE, N.C., August 14, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan’s Feet International is pleased to announce 15 outstanding honorees and servant leaders who exemplify its mission through their professional and philanthropic contributions to community and service as ‘Hope Givers’. These individuals and couples are committed to “inspiring others in the community and enriching the lives of the 1.5 billion children and people infected with diseases that are transmitted through contaminated soil around the world through the gift of shoes and a message of hope.”
2020 ‘Hope Givers’ Program Honorees:
- Pierre Desir, NFL Cornerback, New York Jets – St. Louis, MO
- Dr. Matt Lineberger, Orthodontist, Lineberger Orthodontics; and Dr. Meg Lineberger, Orthodontist, Lineberger Orthodontics – Cornelius, NC
- Kevin Egolf, Regional Sales Director, East, Agari; and LeeAnn Egolf, Marketing Communications Manager, Corey LaJoie Racing – Atlanta, GA
- Ryan Hutchins, Managing Director, Energy and Power Division, U.S. Bank; and Katrina Hutchins, Event Planner, Katrina Hutchins Events – Charlotte, NC
- Chelsea Belcher, Loan Officer, Movement Mortgage – Ruston, LA
- Dr. Obinna Oriaku, Internal Medicine Physician, Crown Clinic PA; and Ngozi Oriaku, Practice Administrator, Crown Clinic PA – Charlotte, NC
- Michael Brouse, Branch Manager & Reverse Mortgage Advisor, Finance of America Reverse – Santa Rosa, CA
- Dr. Kenny Tokunboh, Pediatrics Internal Medicine, Grace Medical Clinic; and Femi Tokunboh, Manager, Grace Medical Clinic – Concord, NC
- Andrew Cordell, Financial Advisor, Consolidated Planning, Inc.; and Dr. Miranda Cordell, Pediatrician, Novant Health – Charlotte, NC
All ‘Hope Givers’ will be recognized on the night of its Barefoot Gala on Nov. 7. In this “coopetition,” the honoree that raises the most awareness and funds to impact the greatest number of children globally will be recognized that night as the Samaritan’s Feet 2020 “Person of the Year.” The 2020 Barefoot Gala will be virtual and attendees can watch from around the world. Truist is the Inspire Title Sponsor and Coca-Cola Consolidated is the Barefoot Presenting Sponsor for the 2020 Barefoot Gala. The 2019 Samaritan’s Feet “Person of the Year” was NASCAR’s Corey LaJoie who raised over $200,000. “Partnering with Samaritan’s Feet has impacted [my wife] Kelly and I more than I ever could have imagined,” LaJoie said.
“We are so grateful for our incredible group of 2020 Hope Givers. These individuals represent different countries, states, and cities, but share a common passion to give hope to those in need. We are humbled by the efforts of these community leaders as they fundraise and raise awareness for our mission of creating a world with zero shoeless children,” said Tracie Ohonme, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Samaritan’s Feet.
To learn more about our 2020 Hope Givers or to support their campaigns, please visit www.SamaritansFeet.org/HopeGivers.
Source: Samaritan's Feet International