Samaritan's Feet Announces 2018 'Hope Givers' and Honorees for the 'Person of the Year'
CHARLOTTE, N.C., September 10, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan’s Feet International is pleased to announce 21 outstanding honorees and servant leaders who exemplify its mission through their professional and philanthropic contributions to community and service as ‘Hope Givers’. These individuals and couples are committed to “inspiring others in the community and enriching the lives of the 1.5 billion children and people infected with diseases that are transmitted through contaminated soil around the world through the gift of shoes and a message of hope.”
The HOPE (Health, Opportunity, Peace, and Education) Givers program offers a platform for giving back through Samaritan’s Feet, the chance to save the lives of children globally infected with parasites and sickness caused by foot-borne diseases, while creating opportunities for kids to go to school, and a framework to inject love and peace to hurting communities.
All participants have committed to serve as an ambassador for the cause and to raise at least $10,000 each to serve 500 children with a new pair of shoes with a message of hope in a community in need. But the goal is for each honoree to maximize their network to impact as many children as possible. All ‘Hope Givers’ will be recognized on the night of its Barefoot Gala on Nov. 3 at the Le Meridien Hotel in Charlotte, but the honoree that raises the most awareness and funds to impact the greatest number of children globally will be recognized that night as the Samaritan’s Feet 2018 “Person of the Year.”
2018 ‘Hope Givers’ Program Honorees:
- Trace Dodson, Owner/Operator, Paradigm Design and Construction; and Aimée Dodson, Thrive Director, Movement Mortgage – Charlotte, NC
- Bob Emory, Owner, CEO, and President, BLACKLION; and Lindsey Ashcraft-Emory, Owner, Piccadilly Marketplace – Charlotte, NC
- George Franco, Executive Pastor, newhope church; and Tara Franco, Global Children's Director, newhope church – Durham, NC
- Joe Martin, Vice President of Sales, adidas; and Ashley Martin – Portland, OR
- Patrick Mcllvenna, Owner/Principal, PBM Wireless Services – Carmel, IN
- Bryan Most, Vice President of Private Fleet, Walmart; and Robin Most – Fayetteville, AR
- Michael Salamone, Managing Partner, Arcadia Homes, Inc; and Candace Salamone – Charlotte, NC
- Jeff Scariano, Vice President, OpenText; and Colleen Scariano, Co-Founder, SoulCore – Noblesville, IN
- Michaela Scurlock, Realtor, Vision Group Realty – Fort Mill, SC
- Will Seel, Vice President of Business Development, FHI; and Korinne Seel, Associate Stylist, Stella & Dot – Raleigh, NC
- Steve Simmerman, Senior Director, JDA Software – Phoenix, AZ
- Nathan Spang, Chief Marketing Officer, Retail Sports Marketing; and Nicki Spang, Director of Business Development, Sallie Mae – Charlotte, NC
To learn more about our 2018 Hope Givers or to sponsor the Samaritan’s Feet Barefoot Gala please visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
About Samaritan’s Feet International
Samaritan’s Feet is a 501(c)(3) humanitarian aid organization that shares a message of hope and love through washing the feet of impoverished children around the world and adorning them with new shoes. There are an estimated 2.2 billion people worldwide living in poverty and more than 1.5 billion who suffer from foot-borne diseases. The goal of Samaritan’s Feet is to create a world with zero shoeless children. Since its founding by Manny Ohonme in 2003, Samaritan’s Feet and its team of ambassadors and partners have blessed almost 7 million children in more than 85 nations. For more information about Samaritan’s Feet International, visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
Source: Samaritan's Feet
Categories: Non Profit