Samaritan's Feet Announces 2017 'Hope Givers' and Honorees for the 'Person of the Year'
CHARLOTTE, N.C., August 8, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan’s Feet International is pleased to announce 12 outstanding honorees and servant leaders who exemplify its mission through their professional and philanthropic contributions to community and service as ‘Hope Givers’. These individuals and couples are committed to “inspiring others in the community and enriching the lives of the 1.5 billion children and people infected with diseases that are transmitted through contaminated soil around the world through the gift of shoes and a message of hope.”
The HOPE (Health, Opportunity, Peace, and Education) Givers program offers a platform for giving back through Samaritan’s Feet, the chance to save the lives of children globally infected with parasites and sickness caused by foot-borne diseases, while creating opportunities for kids to go to school, and a framework to inject love and peace to hurting communities. All participants have committed to serve as an ambassador for the cause and to raise at least $5,000 each to serve 250 children with a new pair of shoes with a message of hope in a community in need. But the goal is for each honoree to maximize their network to impact as much children as possible. All ‘Hope Givers’ will be recognized on the night of its Barefoot Gala on Nov. 4 at the Le Meridien Hotel in Charlotte, but the honoree that raises the most awareness and funds to impact the greatest number of children globally will be recognized that night as the Samaritan’s Feet “Person of the Year.”
2017 ‘Hope Givers’ Program Honorees:
- Jennifer Cook, Global Vice President of Global HR Operations, JDA Software Group – Phoenix, AZ
- Amanda Brown, Associate Director of Senior Talent Integration, KPMG – Charlotte, NC
- Mark Freiburger, Hollywood Film Producer and Commercial Director – Los Angeles, CA
- Larry Kennedy, Manager, NFL & Elite Player Liason, Riddell – Charlotte, NC
- Jeremy Brooks, CEO, CSG Security; and Lora Brooks, Strategic Sales Director, ScentAir – Charlotte, NC
- Angela Mahaffey Watson, Director of Event Experiences & Outside Sales Manager, Gulf Coast Tent Rentals – New Orleans, LA
- Jeff Newton, Vice President, Business Development, FHI; and Dana Broussard, Director of Regionalization Evaluation Services, Veterinary Services, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) – Raleigh, NC
- Patrick Thean, CEO, Rhythm Systems – Charlotte, NC
- Hannah Welker, Feature Reporter, WCNC – Charlotte, NC
- Dr. Jen Welter, Ph.D. First Female NFL Coach & Football Analyst – Vero Beach, FL
To learn more about our 2017 Hope Givers or to sponsor the Samaritan’s Feet Barefoot Gala please visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
About Samaritan’s Feet International
Samaritan’s Feet is a 501(c)(3) humanitarian aid organization that shares a message of hope and love through washing the feet of impoverished children around the world and adorning them with new shoes. There are an estimated 2.2 billion people worldwide living in poverty and more than 1.5 billion who suffer from foot borne diseases. The goal of Samaritan’s Feet is to create a world with zero shoeless children. Since its founding by Manny Ohonme in 2003, Samaritan’s Feet and its team of ambassadors and partners have blessed almost 7 million children in more than 85 nations. For more information about Samaritan’s Feet International, visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
For More Information:
Source: Samaritan's Feet International