East Moline, IL, August 1, 2016 (Newswire.com) - It is peak mosquito season for most of the United States. This means more mosquito bites and a better chance that mosquito-borne diseases will be spread. To make sure you are prepared for and safe from these pests, Nixalite of America Inc. offers the following information and tips.
Mosquitoes are the deadliest animals on Earth, causing the deaths of 1 million people each year. The following are just a few mosquito-borne diseases that these pests can transmit.
Zika Virus - The Zika virus is in the same "family" as yellow fever, West Nile, and dengue. Currently there is no vaccine or medicine to treat the infection. In most cases, symptoms are mild and can include fever, headache, and rash. It's estimated that 80% of those infected never know they have the disease. It is especially risky for pregnant women to contract Zika as it may cause major birth defects.
Malaria - Malaria is a disease caused by a parasite, transmitted by the bite of infected mosquitoes. Malaria produces recurrent attacks of chills and fever. Malaria kills an estimated 660,000 people each year.
Dengue Fever - Occurring mainly in tropical and subtropical areas of the world, mild dengue fever causes high fever, rash, and muscle/joint pain. A severe form of the fever, also called dengue hemorrhagic fever, can cause severe bleeding, a sudden drop in blood pressure and death.
- West Nile Virus - Mild signs and symptoms of a West Nile virus infection generally go away on their own. Severe signs and symptoms such as a severe headache, fever, disorientation or sudden weakness, require immediate attention.
HOW AM I ATTRACTING MOSQUITOES?Mosquitoes are the deadliest animals on Earth, causing the deaths of 1 million people each year
There are many reasons as to why mosquitoes are attracted to some people more than others. These are some to be cognizant of:
- Are you pregnant? Pregnant women in the later stages of pregnancy exhale 21% more carbon dioxide (the gas mosquitoes are attracted to) than women who are not pregnant.
- Are you sweating? When sweating outdoors whether from yard work or other physical activity, lactic acid found in your sweat attracts mosquitoes.
- Do you have type O blood? Just like how we have a favorite flavor of something, mosquitoes have a favorite blood type. Those with type O blood have shown to be more attractive to mosquitoes.
- Are you enjoying an adult beverage outside? Studies have shown that individuals who have been drinking alcohol are more attractive to mosquitoes.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM MOSQUITOES AND MOSTUITO-BORNE ILLNESSES?
Nixalite of America Inc. realizes the dangers of mosquitoes and the illnesses they can transmit. Nixalite offers a wide range of products that will help keep you and your family safe from these pests.
Fogging Equipment & Solutions
Foggers are ideal for mosquito and flying insect control. Foggers disperse liquid solutions over large open areas to repel or kill mosquitoes that may be carrying diseases.
Nixalite of America Inc. offers natural, non-toxic, and biodegradable repellents that will effectively repel mosquitoes that could potentially be carrying the diseases.
About Nixalite of America Inc.
Nixalite is the leading manufacturer of effective and humane pest bird and wildlife control products. Established in 1950, Nixalite is a third generation family owned firm with over 150 years of combined experience.
For more information visit https://www.nixalite.com/Products/Mosquito-Control or
Source: Nixalite of America Inc.