New Survey From Software Connect Reveals Accelerating Transformation in the North American Construction Industry
Software Connect's "Construction Industry Trends Report" reveals technology and software uses and plans of 158 SMB construction industry professionals in North America.
MILWAUKEE, WIS., January 3, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The construction industry is at a pivot point — and about to move into a new era of accelerating transformation. Software Connect, a vendor-neutral service that enables businesses to source technology for their specific needs, has released a new report based on a survey of 158 SMB construction industry professionals in North America. The survey reveals that the industry is adopting new technologies, rapidly expanding its technology budgets, and showing significant interest in cloud-hosted software.
The study’s key findings include:
- Drones are becoming commonplace: 26% of SMB construction professionals are already using or plan to use drones by 2020.
- Tech budgets are expanding across the industry: 81% of respondents plan to spend more on technology over the next year compared to last.
- Project tracking, estimating, and job costing are the most commonly required software functions in construction software.
- Ease-of-use is king: Software ease-of-use is cited as the most important factor when purchasing new software; even over software functionality and cost.
- Construction software buyers are more willing to review cloud-hosted software: 5% more than all other industries.
“The construction industry has long been a late starter in terms of technological innovation and the adoption of new technologies,” says David Budiac, a managing partner at Software Connect. “In early 2017, the World Economic Forum and Boston Consulting Group said the industry has undergone ‘no fundamental change’ over the past 50 years. Yet our report suggests that those in the SMB sector are now pivoting toward new technology — suggesting that major changes are now on the horizon.”
View the entire study and Software Connect’s analysis here: https://softwareconnect.com/construction/technology-trends-2018-report/
About Software Connect
Since its founding in 1996, Software Connect has helped more than 200,000 businesses identify the right technology to fit within their needs and budgets through its free, vendor-neutral consulting program. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Software Connect works with businesses throughout North America and worldwide in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, construction, nonprofit management, fleet management, and financial planning.
To learn more about Software Connect, visit the website at http://softwareconnect.com
Source: Software Connect