Smithfield, RI, November 18, 2015 (Newswire.com) - Pi 2 Design is excited to introduce the first offering in a new line of Embedded and Media-based I/O shields for the popular Raspberry Pi 2. The CSB502SSD Multi-Function Solid State Drive shield allows users to create a low cost, high performance, embedded network storage device. The powerful combination of the CSB502SSD and the Raspberry Pi 2 lets you leverage the ever expanding RPi 2 ecosystem for a wide variety of Embedded, Data Storage, Medical and Industrial applications.
In addition to the mSATA SSD Socket (up to 1TB) the CSB502SSD provides key functionality to the Raspberry PI 2. This includes: 802.11b/g/n Wifi with Soft-AP support and u.FL jack for optimal antenna placement; Dual USB 2.0 with 1A power; On-Board wide-input (8V-24V) power supply delivers 20W (5V @ 4A) of power to all on-board peripherals and the Raspberry PI 2; Real Time Clock with removable battery back up insures proper time keeping even with spotty or no network access; finally, the Temperature Sensor with 64-bit ID allows the CSB502SSD to monitor the health of the SSD and provide a unique asset tag.
Specifications and Features
- FORM FACTOR – Full Size Raspberry Pi 2 I/O Shield with 40-Pin mating connector. Stacking version is available upon request.
- USB PORTS – Two USB2.0 Type A for additional USB expansion.
- SSD – PL2571 Controller and mSATA Socket for up to 1TeraByte on-board Storage.
- WiFi – GWF-3M08 Module (Based on Ralink RT537) provides 802.11b/g/n for up to 150Mbps. On-Module IPEX connector allows for optimal antenna placement.
- RTC WITH BATTERY – DS1339 Real Time Clock with 16mm Coin Cell Backup and Programmable Alarm.
- TEMP SENSOR – 1-Wire DS18B20 Temperature Sensor mounted below SSD to monitor health of drive. Additionally the DS18B20 has a unique 64-Bit ID that can be used to identify the shield.
- ON-BOARD POWER SUPPLY – Wide-Input 5V @ 4A power supply powers all peripherals as well as the Raspberry Pi 2.
Raspberry Pi 2 is open for business and Pi2Design has you covered!
Recently the Raspberry Pi foundation announced a new program to allow users to create their own customized version of the Raspberry Pi 2. With 3-5K yearly minimums this program shows the commitment of the Raspberry Pi foundation to the embedded marketplace.
But, what if your not ready to make that commitment? We've got you covered. Our Pi2Custom program allows you to create your own application specific shield or carrier board for the Raspberry Pi 2. Select from our vast library of IP and years of industrial interface experience, all with no volume commitments and low or no NRE!
See us on Kickstarter for Special Introductory Pricing!
The CSB502SSD will launch on Kickstarter on December 2nd. Check it out for the early bird pricing and unique bundle options. Units will start shipping immediately after campaign completion in early January.
Designed and manufactured in our own facility, our products will be hitting the open market starting in January 2016.