Help Scyphus in Supporting Medical Care for Africa
Social responsibility is often a buzz word surrounding big league corporate in modern days. That is, ensuring that an organization is giving back something from what it is taking from the society as profit. Sometimes this implies reducing emissions from manufacturing facilities, supporting community development, and other efforts that provide something back. Scyphus appeals to its patrons...
Northampton, UK, July 28, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Printed Paper Cups (Scyphus UK), a paper products manufacturer in the UK, are as eco-friendly as possible as a manufacturing company and recently they have launched a charitable initiative to support human health and well being in the relatively deprived African countries, by supporting a charitable health care service like Mercy Ship.
Printed Paper Cups (Scyphus UK) has an option for their customers that gives them the opportunity to aid in supporting this charity, by agreeing to donate, by optionally adding £2.00 to the quotation as a donation to Mercy Ship.
This is one of our favorite quotes overheard and said by a caregiver... 'They cure us with love.' #MSMadagascar
Mercy Ship on Twitter, Mercy Ship
As told to Newswire, Scyphus as a company is aware of the need for helping to make a better world and they decided to do so by donating to the internationally active charity Mercy Ships.
"They pledge to match your donation to Mercy Ships on all orders you agree to donate on"
About Mercy Ships
Mercy Ships is a not for profit Christian mission charity which helps coastal countries in Africa to fill in the massive health care gap in as many ways possible.
They own and operate a sizeable cruise ship, the Africa Mercy
The Africa Mercy is a cruise ship that has been turned into a floating, mobile infirmary from where the volunteer staff of doctors, nurses, dentists, among others performs necessary medical procedures free of charge.
"This organization has been established more than 35 years ago and has created a sizable impact on the lives of numerous people and communities abroad."
Services Mercy Ships Offers
The volunteers who travel with the ship to the African locations are certified professionals of their separate medical areas. Volunteering time from their practices, they're going to carry out a large number of simple operations to enhance the lives of thousands per stop. A few of the basic services they provide are these:
- Eye Operations. So many people are rendered blind by easily fixable problems like cataracts. As a result of poverty conditions or insufficient access to health care, many of these people are required to accept their blindness because they have no other available choice. Probably the most common surgeries done by the Mercy Ships staff members are the reparation and restoration of sight lost to cataract clouding, an easy 20-minute operation that will forever alter the lives of the recipients.
- Deformity Surgery. Physical deformities may appear from birth or from early stages in life. If not treated they could be a source of great pain, reasons for that the individual to become an outcast, along with a hindrance to the affected person hoping to work for a living. Mercy Ships' staff has been able to correct or ease many physical deformities, helping give individuals who have suffered, a fighting chance at improving their lives.
- Obstetric Fistula Reparation. This particularly uncomfortable condition occurs as being a complication to women during birth in several poor areas. It can have very lasting consequences, often resulting in the woman being left by her husband or abandoned by her family. It's a mostly treatable condition which is often corrected through surgery.
- Dentistry. Cavities, periodontal disease, along with other dental problems can develop into painful mouth conditions with time if not treated. Mercy Ships offers treatment for various dental treatments issues such as these, honestly.
- Community Healthcare Alongside the procedures done, Mercy Ships looks to have a far more lasting effect on the communities where they operate through health care training programs and community empowerment. This consists of but isn't restricted to, such services as instruction of local medical service providers, donation of necessary medical supplies and equipment, education about basic sanitation and looking after health, and assisting in generating permanent medical facilities.
The Best Way To Help
Charity missions like Mercy Ships require lots of help to be able to function properly. Donations and support come from many different sources and creative programs by businesses including Printed Paper Cups. With no efforts of these companies, it would be hard to raise the to enhance the necessary funds. Similarly, without those who are willing to benefit from the support programs offered, these businesses cannot adequately give their support.
Relevant Link: Ask for a Quote and Donate when you Order.
Mercy Ship: Mercy Ship UK Website
Source: Scyphus, UK