Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) Awards Honorable Mention to Magazine School District
2018 Healthy School Facility Recognition
Boise, ID, June 6, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) awarded Honorable Mention to Magazine School District, Magazine, Arkansas, in the 2018 Healthy School Facilities Recognition.
The submission was one of nearly 20 entries for the 2018 Healthy School Facilities Recognition; a partnership of School Planning & Management and College Planning & Management magazines, and HFI.
Magazine has implemented notable measures including:
- Providing access to healthcare to kids and teachers including medical, dental, vision, and mental health (64 students visit a therapist weekly), and a new telehealth program, which accesses experts via telecommunications.
- A Wellness Center on campus that assists or treats about 371 students a month, 45 staff and community members.
- Collaborating with professional organizations such as Children’s Hospital & University of Central Arkansas, to provide enhanced services to students, while helping university students gain field experience.
- Expanding physical activity for students to have greater movement and play time; in 2018, adding 60 minutes per day per student of physical activity.
- Installation of 125 cameras across campus to enhance safety and monitoring.
The mission of Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) is education to create physically and fiscally healthy environments.
Magazine School District, Magazine, Arkansas, serves some 600 students in prekindergarten through grade 12.
Source: Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI)
Categories: Facilities Maintenance & Management