GUNTUR, India, April 22, 2022 (Newswire.com) - Epilepsy is a most common neurological condition that almost millions of people worldwide are dealing with, learning to live with it with the help of medications. It is often difficult to put up with it and carry out day-to-day tasks. But there are a few healthy self-care practices that may help people affected with epilepsy. What are they? Let's ask an expert.
ThreeBestRated® reached out to Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla, a 2022 ThreeBestRated® award-winning neurosurgeon, to get some self-care practice tips for epilepsy patients. They are:
- Know about the condition, seizure management, such as recognizing and avoiding seizure triggers, and keeping track of when seizures happen, finding out the triggers, and staying away from them, like drugs, alcohol, less sleep, etc.
- Engage with a healthy lifestyle - regular exercise, regular diet habits, controlling avoidable stress.
- People with uncontrolled seizures should avoid dangerous activities like rock climbing, deep-sea diving, skydiving, hang gliding, swimming, and mountain climbing.
- Treatment management - such as taking medicines as prescribed, keeping medical appointments, and communicating effectively with healthcare providers.
- Keep in touch with friends and family for support, get emotional support from friends and family, keep control of other health conditions, and improve memory with strategies.
About Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla, MCH, FESSBS, FPNS, FMINS, FNOSRS, FEVNS - Dr. Rao's Neuro Hospital
Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla is a prominent neurosurgeon in Andhra Pradesh. He has many degrees to his name and is trained in all the subspecialties of neurosciences. Also, he is the only one who has all the subspecialties degrees in neurosurgery.
After completing his studies in India, he flew to the USA to get trained in several subspecialties. Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla has attended several workshops and seminars to gain additional training making him a leading neurosurgeon in Guntur. His passion for his chosen field is inevitable. And he is still an honorable member of various neurological and neuroscientists associations.
Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla established Dr. Rao's Hospital in Neurosciences in Guntur, which is the first independent, state-of-the-art facility in two Telugu states for comprehensive brain, spine, and nerve care. The hospital is the first hospital in South India to be equipped with Stealth 8 Neuronavigation System, intraoperative Xper dual CT, and intraoperative neuromonitoring for accuracy and precision in neurosurgical treatment and so considered the best neurology hospital in Guntur and Andhra Pradesh.
At Dr. Rao's Neuro Hospital, they offer a complete range of treatments for advanced brain tumors, neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery, endoscopic and microscopic keyhole surgeries for both brain and spine surgery, brain port minimally invasive neuro-oncology with radiosurgery, interventional neuroradiology for all the neurological diseases, neuropsychology and neuro-rehabilitation services to patients of all ages. Their multidisciplinary approach ensures optimal, evidence-based treatment with the support of specialty-trained nurses, technicians, and rehabilitation therapists.
Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla has been honored with the prestigious ThreeBestRated® award for his excellence and contribution to the field of neurosciences. On winning the award, he said, "I am truly honored, humbled, and happy to receive the award." Dr. Mohana Rao Patibandla has been offering high-quality treatments to all his patients using state-of-the-art facilities.
To know more about him/his services, or to get in touch with him, kindly visit - https://drraoshospitals.com. Call 9010056444 or 9010057444 for appointments.