College, High School, Recreational Coaches to Face Off for Greatmats National Gymnastics Coach of the Year Award
Voting runs Nov. 14-28, 2019
MILLTOWN, Wis., November 7, 2019 (Newswire.com) - The field is set for the 2019 Greatmats National Gymnastics Coach of the Year award contest.
Eleven gymnastics coaches from across the United States are vying for the annual award, which honors trainers and coaches who have made a positive impact in the lives of their students and communities. These coaches have been nominated by members of their respective communities.
An online vote will take place at https://www.greatmats.com/2019-greatmats-national-gymnastics-coach-of-the-year.php from Nov. 14 through Nov. 28, 2019. The two coaches with the most votes will be named finalists. Then Greatmats will choose the winner between the finalists, based on their demonstration of service/community impact, integrity and quality of instruction. The winner will be announced on Dec. 13, 2019.
This year’s nominees are:
- Patty Chizmar - Panastics - Panama City
- Rick Bonnell - Mountain West Gymnastics - Moscow
- Addison Sawyer - Viking Gymnastics and Dance - Niles
- Mallory West - Olathe East High School - Olathe Kansas
- Gail Goodspeed - University of New Hampshire - Durham
- Donna Foudy - Aeon Fitness and Gymnastics - Hillsdale
- Lauren Pellecchia-Kupieck - Washing Township High School - Sewell
- Colleen Merchant - Bright Raven Gymnastics - Rochester
- K.J. Kindler - Oklahoma University - Norman
- Joe and Chrissy Cronin - Gymnastics Sports Center - Wichita Falls
- Aimee Walker Pond - Champions Sports Center - Lehi
The National Gymnastics Coach of the Year Award is one of eight annual awards given out by Greatmats as part of its Fifth Annual National Award Series.
Other awards include:
National Horse Trainer of the Year
National Dance Instructor of the Year
National Dog Trainer of the Year
National Striking Martial Arts Instructor of the Year
National Cheerleading Coach of the Year
National Grappling Martial Arts Instructor of the Year
and National Fitness Trainer of the Year
Greatmats is a national gymnastics mat and specialty flooring retailer based in Milltown, Wisconsin, since 1999. Greatmats gives back to its local community by donating 5% of its annual profits to local non-profit organizations. It also supports green initiatives through the use of solar energy at its Wisconsin headquarters and by offering a large variety of products made from recycled and renewable resources.
Categories: School Sports