Atlanta's Captivate Search Marketing Offers Georgia Scholarship for Community Service
Local Atlanta SEO and Internet marketing company announces its first community service scholarship for eligible marketing students enrolled in an accredited college or university in Georgia
ATLANTA, August 14, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Captivate Search Marketing is offering its first annual Georgia Scholarship for Community Service award for eligible business marketing students enrolled in an accredited university or community college based in Georgia. The $1,000 scholarship award is intended to help support the financial needs of passionate students who are giving back to the local community.
For most individuals, financing a college education is a long-term challenge that often requires the aid of student loans. But even with financial aid programs, grants and other forms of funding, many college students are unable to afford furthering their education. It is why Captivate Search Marketing has launched the Georgia Scholarships for Community Service to help compassionate college students invest in their future.
"Captivate Search Marketing is an advocate for making higher education accessible to everyone, especially young individuals who are proactively contributing to a better world," said CEO Chris Everett. "The 2017 Georgia Scholarship for Community Service is the first of many efforts to give back to those who are sacrificing their time and energy to support the interest of others."
Eligible scholarship applicants are high-achieving freshmen, sophomore, or junior year students currently pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related course of study. Additionally, eligible scholarship recipients will also have demonstrated significant volunteering and/or community service experience within the last few years.
This service can involve a number of potential activities, such as environmental impact campaigns, youth programs, community building activities, educational initiatives, and other leadership agendas that have positively supported a local community.
To apply for the 2017 Georgia Scholarship for Community Service, eligible students must be able to:
- Show current transcript or related documentation proving a minimum average GPA of 3.0 at an accredited university, community college, or High School (for graduated Seniors entering college) in the state of Georgia.
- Prove significant experience in community service or volunteering a particular cause, initiative, or program
- Produce a video essay no longer than 3 minutes or a written essay no longer than 800 words on one of the topics below.
- Submit the application form, attaching (or linking to) essay and transcript
Eligible scholarship applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The degree of impact or significance related to the applicant's service to the community
- How clearly and creatively an applicant can articulate his or her experience through the video or written essay
- Other honors and academic successes
Deadline for Applications: Nov. 30, 2017
Scholarship Winner Announced: Week of Dec. 11-15, 2017
To apply for the Georgia Scholarship for Community Service, visit CaptivateSEO.com.
Source: Captivate Search Marketing