Are You Happy? Or Distracted?
'The Four Pearls and the Four Squirrels' Shows How to Find Happiness, Avoid Distractions
Los Angeles, CA, May 24, 2017 (Newswire.com) - In the time-honored tradition of the fable, author Lissa Coffey has created a whimsical, meaningful book to delight readers of all ages. The Four Pearls and The Four Squirrels: A Modern Fable About Happiness and Distraction is a modern-day classic filled with wisdom. It inspires and enlightens in the same way that Jonathan Livingston Seagull has for generations.
Encouraged by their mentor Merlinda, four squirrels set out on a quest to find a treasure hidden in the forest. The four pearls they search for represent profound truths that lead to happiness and peace of mind. The squirrels also discover that these truths are the antidote to the many distractions that can keep us from achieving our goals.
- The First Pearl: Look at what you have, not at what you don’t have. (Gratitude)
- The Second Pearl: Look at what you are doing, not at what anyone else is doing. (Focus)
- The Third Pearl: Look at the opportunities, not at the obstacles. (Fortitude)
- The Fourth Pearl: Look at what matters, not at what doesn’t matter. (Faith)
These pearls of wisdom, along with their associated Happiness Principles (Gratitude, Focus, Fortitude, Faith) form the basis for a philosophy that helps readers through challenges in every aspect of life.
Do You Want to Be Happy? Find out more at: FourPearlsBook.com
ARTICLE AND SEGMENT IDEAS FOR EDITORS AND PRODUCERS
(Review copy available upon request)
- Do You Want to Be Happy? Pearls represent pearls of wisdom, what we need to remember when we feel unhappy in any way. Squirrels represent the distractions that often keep us from being happy. Lissa discusses the four pearls, and the four principles of happiness that we can use anytime, anywhere, to bring ourselves to that peace of mind that we crave.
- Mentorship Changes Lives! Lissa has been a Big Sister with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America program. Research shows that one-on-one mentoring programs have real-life positive outcomes in children’s lives: http://www.bbbs.org/research/ Lissa shares some success stories and explains the many opportunities to be a mentor.
- Save the Squirrels! When people learn about the hardships animals face each day, they are more willing to take a proactive approach toward protecting the natural environment and the habitats of our wild neighbors. Lissa helps out at California Wildlife Center — she gives tips for how we can co-exist with and respect wild animals in our communities.
About the Author
Lissa Coffey is the author of The Four Pearls and The Four Squirrels. Her mentor, Deepak Chopra, says: “Your heart will thank you for Lissa’s helpful and heartful vision.” Lissa has written several books, including the bestselling “What’s Your Dosha, Baby?” She is a lifestyle expert who has been featured on "The Today Show" and many other national and local television programs. Reel, photos and more info online at Lissa’s site: CoffeyTalk.com
The Four Pearls and The Four Squirrels
April 2017 – Personal Growth/Inspiration – Paperback / ebook – 102 pages
Price: $13.99 – ISBN 978-1-88321-225-4
Source: "The Four Pearls and The Four Squirrels" author Lissa Coffey