24 Cheerleading Coaches Nominated for Greatmats National Coach of the Year Award
Positive Community Influencers Recognized in Annual Contest
MILLTOWN, Wis., November 8, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Twenty-four cheerleading coaches from across the U.S. have been nominated by members of their communities for the title of 2018 Greatmats National Gymnastics Coach of the Year. The award is designed to recognize coaches who have demonstrated service, integrity, and quality to make a positive impact on the lives of their students and community as a whole.
This year’s nominees hail from the states of Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New York, Texas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, and Pennsylvania. Michigan boasts four nominees while Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas each have two.
Up for the award are:
- Kalee Cottrell - Anderson Invasion Cheer - Anderson, Indiana
- Jill Link - Eagle Grove High School - Eagle Grove, Iowa
- Amy Young - Blue Valley High School - Randolph, Kansas
- Misty Hodges - University of Louisville - Louisville, Kentucky
- Amy Stevens - Central High School - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Noah West - NCCLA - Oakdale, Louisiana
- Matthew Monteiro - East Bridgewater Varsity Cheerleaders - East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- McKinley Fichtner - Ultimate STARZ Athletics - Weymouth, Massachusetts
- Kelly Peace - Champions Force Athletes - Bay City, Michigan
- Leslie Del Toro - Motor City Cheer - Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Tonya Policht - Grass Lake Varsity Cheer - Grass Lake, Michigan
- Alanna Weber - Oxford Community Schools - Oxford, Michigan
- Michelle Turie - Core Athletix All Stars - Rochester, New York
- Justine Bruns - Rutherford B. Hayes High School - Delaware, Ohio
- Kelly Steel - Whitmer High School - Findlay, Ohio
- Denise Way-Hacket - NW Cheer Elite - Beaverton, Oregon
- Shandelle Self - Little Axe Public Schools - Norman, Oklahoma
- Kristi Clifford - Turners All-Star Cheer and Dance - Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Thiago Nanuk - FCA Gems - Sarver, Pennsylvania
- Tanya Love - Love Dance and All-Star Cheer Company - Huntsville, Texas
- Sami Thornton - Dynamic Cheer All-Stars - Kingwood Texas
- Taylor Campbell - Osbourn High School - Manassas, Virginia
- Gabby Dansereau - Spokane Pop Warner Cheer - Wenatchee, Washington
- Kym Anderson - Ithaca High Cheer - Ithaca, Wisconsin
Finalists will be determined by an online vote at https://www.greatmats.com/2018-greatmats-national-cheer-coach-of-the-year.php between Nov. 15 and 29, 2018.
Greatmats will choose between the two finalists to determine the winner based on their demonstration of service, integrity, and quality.
Greatmats is a national cheerleading mat leader based in Milltown, Wisconsin, since 1999. Identified as one of the top 3,000 fastest growing companies in the USA three times since 2008, Greatmats gives back to its local community by donating 5% of its annual profits to local non-profit organizations. It also supports green initiatives through the use of solar energy at its Wisconsin headquarters and by offering a large variety of products made from recycled and renewable resources.
View all of Greatmats' cheer mats at http://www.greatmats.com/cheerleading-mats.php.
Categories: School Sports