2023 'Hope Givers' and Honorees for the 'Person of the Year' Named by Samaritan's Feet
Hope Givers, representing business, finance, and higher education, join Samaritan's Feet global efforts and will be celebrated at the 2023 Barefoot Gala.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 19, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan's Feet International is pleased to announce 14 outstanding servant leaders as "Hope Givers", all exemplify its mission through their professional and philanthropic contributions. These individuals and couples are committed to "inspiring others in the community and enriching the lives of the 1.5 billion children and people infected with diseases that are transmitted through contaminated soil around the world through the gift of shoes and a message of hope."
2023 'Hope Givers' Honorees:
- Micah Aberson, President, Cambria; and Jaclyn Aberson, Operations Coordinator, Leadership South Dakota. - Sioux Falls, SD
- Jesse Broaders, Financial Operations; and Stephanie Broader, Director of Integrated Talent Management, GE Aerospace - Charlotte, NC
- Jon Carson, Senior Vice President Retail, Blue Yonder - Frisco, TX
- Joseph and Julie Foster, Founders, Reebok - London, England
- Kristin Gibbar, Chief Human Resources Officer, Mom's Meals - Overland Park, KS
- Raichelle "Rai" Glover, Market President, Truist- Charlotte, NC
- Noel Goggin, CEO and Culture Leader, Conga - Alpharetta, GA
- Daniel Mastropolo, Entrepreneur; and Candace Mastropolo, Financial Services Director - Raleigh, NC
- Gary Michel, Board Chair and Independent Director - Charlotte, NC
- Joe Moglia, Chair of Athletics and Executive Advisor to the President, Coastal Carolina University - Conway, SC
All 'Hope Givers' will be recognized at the 12th annual Barefoot Gala on November 11. In this "coopetition," the honoree that raises the most funds to impact the greatest number of children will be recognized there as the Samaritan's Feet 2023 "Person of the Year." The 2023 Barefoot Gala will be in-person at The Revelry in Charlotte, NC, and will also celebrate the organization's 20th year. The 2022 Samaritan's Feet "Person of the Year" was Jonathan Chiott who raised $38,735. The 2022 Hope Givers raised over $220,000 for Samaritan's Feet.
"We are so grateful for our inspiring group of 2023 Hope Givers. They all share a passion to give hope to those around the world. We are humbled by their efforts as join us to serve our 10 millionth recipient by the end of the year," said Tracie Ohonme, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Samaritan's Feet.
The HOPE (Health, Opportunity, Peace, and Education) Givers program offers a platform for giving back through Samaritan's Feet, the chance to save the lives of children globally infected with parasites and illnesses caused by foot-borne diseases, while creating opportunities for kids to go to school, and a framework to inject love and peace to hurting communities. All participants have committed to serve as an ambassador and raise at least $25,000 each to serve over 500 children with a new pair of shoes with a message of hope. The goal for each honoree is to maximize their network to impact as many children as possible.
To learn more about our 2023 Hope Givers or to support their campaigns, please visit www.SamaritansFeet.live/hope-givers.
Source: Samaritan's Feet International