2021 'Hope Givers' and Honorees for the 'Person of the Year' Named by Samaritan's Feet
Hope Givers, representing business, NASCAR, medical, and music fields, join Samaritan's Feet global efforts and will be celebrated at the 2021 Barefoot Gala sponsored by Truist.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., August 25, 2021 (Newswire.com) - Samaritan's Feet International is pleased to announce 15 outstanding servant leaders as 'Hope Givers', all who exemplify its mission through their professional and philanthropic contributions. These individuals and couples are committed to "inspiring others in the community and enriching the lives of the 1.5 billion children and people infected with diseases that are transmitted through contaminated soil around the world through the gift of shoes and a message of hope."
2021 'Hope Givers' Honorees:
- Kelly Cardenas, Author, Podcaster, and Hair Stylist/Educator - Carlsbad, CA
- Wale Cole, Founder and Principal, Carmel Advisory LLC; and Titi Cole, Managing Director, Head of Global Fraud, Operations, and Customer Experience, Global Consumer Bank, Citigroup - Charlotte, NC
- Michael Crowder - Technology and Business Executive, Lakeland, FL
- Landon and Kat Eckles, Co-Founders, Clean Juice - Charlotte, NC
- Luis Garcia, MD, President, Sanford Medical Group; and Greta Garcia, Former RN - Sioux Falls, SD
- Damien Horne, Singer-Songwriter - Nashville, TN
- Michael McDowell, NASCAR Driver; and Jami McDowell, Philanthropist - Kannapolis, NC
- Munya Muvezwa, Partner, McKinsey & Company - Charlotte, NC
- Justin Newell, Chief Operating Officer, INFORM Software Corporation - Atlanta, GA
- James Nichols, SVP, Head of Customer Solutions Group, Voya Financial; and Amanda Nichols, Nurse - Charlotte, NC
All 'Hope Givers' will be recognized at the 10th annual Barefoot Gala on November 13. In this "coopetition," the honoree that raises the most funds to impact the greatest number of children will be recognized there as the Samaritan's Feet 2021 "Person of the Year." The 2021 Barefoot Gala, presented by Truist, will be in-person and virtual. The 2020 Samaritan's Feet "Person of the Year" was Ryan and Katrina Hutchins who raised $64,600. The 2020 Hope Givers raised $201,760 for Samaritan's Feet.
"We are so grateful for our inspiring group of 2021 Hope Givers. They all share a passion to give hope to those around the world. We are humbled by their efforts as they fundraise and raise awareness for our mission of creating a world with zero shoeless children," said Tracie Ohonme, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Samaritan's Feet.
The HOPE (Health, Opportunity, Peace, and Education) Givers program offers a platform for giving back through Samaritan's Feet, the chance to save the lives of children globally infected with parasites and illnesses caused by foot-borne diseases, while creating opportunities for kids to go to school, and a framework to inject love and peace to hurting communities. All participants have committed to serve as an ambassador and raise at least $20,000 each to serve over 500 children with a new pair of shoes with a message of hope. The goal for each honoree is to maximize their network to impact as many children as possible.
To learn more about our 2021 Hope Givers or to support their campaigns, please visit www.SamaritansFeet.org/HopeGivers.
Source: Samaritan's Feet International