13 Competing for National Cheerleading Coach of the Year
Massachusetts and Pennsylvania coaches leading vote into final day of competition
MILLTOWN, Wis., November 30, 2017 (Newswire.com) - 13 of the nation’s top cheerleading coaches are competing in a new way as voting has been taking place in Greatmats 2nd Annual National Cheer Coach of the Year Award contest. The award contest is designed to recognize those cheerleading coaches who have made a positive impact in their communities. Nominated by their peers, students and community members these cheer coaches will compete for new mats or a cash option, presented by Greatmats as part of its 3rd annual National Award Series. Voting began Nov. 16 and runs through Nov. 30, as posted on the Greatmats Facebook page.
Heading into the final day of the social media vote to determine the two finalists Shawna Dole of Charlestown, Massachusetts, and Sherri Andrzejewski of Willkes-Barre, Pennsylvania lead the field of contestants with 2016 title holder Amy Beth Klopf of Coleman Michigan sitting in third place.
This year's nominees are:
- Mallory Bice of Southside Charter High School in Batesville
- Ashley Moeller of Cascade High School in West Clayton
- Erin Namie of Bluegrass Cheer & Dance in Hopkinsville
- Shawna Dole of Charlestown Youth Football and Cheerleading in Charlestown
- Amy Beth Klopf of Coleman Jr./Sr. High School in Coleman
- Kayla and Keith Wilson of Kayla’s Krusaders in Caldwell
- Jennifer Shipman-Jordan and Haley Nicastro, both of Bradford Area High School in Bradford
- Talauren Isley-Byrd of Mathematics, Civics and Sciences Charter School in Philadelphia
- Sherri Andrzejewski of Wilkes-Barre Bears in Wilkes-Barre
- Keely Huddleston of Fayette County Champion Force Athletics in Somerville
- Amanda Kirby of Grainger High School/Rutledge Middle School in Rutledge
Learn more about the National Cheerleading Coach of the Year Award at https://www.greatmats.com/cheerleading-mats/greatmats-annual-national-cheerleading-coach-of-the-year.php
Learn more about Greatmats annual National Award Series at https://www.greatmats.com/greatmats-national-instructor-of-the-year-awards-series.php. This year, Greatmats is also honoring dance instructors, martial arts instructors, dog trainers, horse trainers and personal trainers.