The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs Partner on MD XUV Motorcade
The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs are pleased to announce the roll-out of the highly-specialized armored MD XUV Motorcade. The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs are pleased to announce the roll-out of the highly-specialized armored MD XUV Mot
July 11, 2013 (Newswire.com) - The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs are pleased to announce the roll-out of the highly-specialized armored MD XUV Motorcade. This vehicle is the culmination of five months of strategic planning, project development, manufacturing, and testing performed in close collaboration between The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs engineering teams.
The MD XUV Motorcade was specifically developed as a "one-off" for a foreign Head of State, but The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs have garnered interest for similarly up-fit vehicles from around the globe. They confirmed that the same equipment is currently being applied on another platform, a GMC Yukon XL, and feel that other vehicles can be outfit with this level of security and luxury as long as the vehicle platform can safely support the additional weight and technical specifications.
The Armored Group first up-armored the MD XUV Motorcade at their Toronto, Canada, facility before it was sent to McSweeney Design's luxury coach design and manufacturing facilities in Trussville, Alabama, where the interior was outfitted with an enhanced level of comfort and upscale refinement.
Some of the unique features of the MD XUV Motorcade include:
• The "Powerslide" ballistic steel retractable roof system, enables the passenger to have push button access to stand up and address people through the roof of the vehicle while traveling through secured areas.
• A "Powerlift" function acts as a personal elevator to lift the traveling dignitary up through the roof without having to strain or rely upon some manual folding step ladder.
• The 3 Stage Security Camera System allows passengers in the rear cabin to monitor the activity in the front and rear of the vehicle as well as that of the driver and front passenger.
• An enhanced audiophile Audio/ Video/ Media System with a state-of-the-art touchscreen head unit and controls system.
• Custom Crafted Wooden Fold Out "Gullwing" Tray Tables with the National crest of the vehicles origin gold leafed into the stain.
• A personal mini fridge.
• Remote Control Atmospheric and indirect lighting controls.
• Custom crafted wood trim elements and hand stitched leather appointments.
• Steel reinforced brush guard and bull bar with motorcade sirens.
• Lighting and public address system.
"The McSweeney Designs team is proud to have the opportunity to work in close concert with The Armored Group to consistently develop and deliver highly innovative, world class executive luxury coach and dignitary transportation solutions to our exclusive clientele around the globe," said Jeffrey Hunter, XO Executive Officer and Director of Business Development for McSweeney Designs, a division of MCM Custom Vehicles.
Robert Pazderka, President of The Armored Group went on to say "the McSweeney Design team exceeded all expectations with the level of superior craftsmanship an innovation that went into the MD XUV Motorcade. We feel honored to have had the opportunity to work with them on this project and look forward to developing other innovative vehicles together in the future."
The Armored Group and McSweeney Designs provide customized vehicles that are specifically tailored to the needs of the end user.
The MD XUV Motorcade Edition is now available for commission and can be extensively tailored to suit the unique needs and bespoke requests of individual clients and end users for a wide variety of applications.