Spring Break, 10 Facts Every Marketer Should Know
It's quite simple; there is no other marketing event that reaches over 1.5 million students in just a three week period. The college student's "National Holiday" is the holy grail of event and experiential marketing.
January 3, 2014 (Newswire.com) - If you work with or directly represent one of the thousands of brands that has always been interested in reaching the elusive college market, then Spring Break might just be the place for you.
With over a million college students descending upon warm destinations like Panama City Beach, FL, South Padre Island, TX and Lake Havasu, AZ, there is no better time or place to engage the 18-24 year old market. Working with the Panama City Beach Department of Tourism, the South Padre Island Visitors Center and Lake Havasu City CVB, we have compiled our Top Ten Spring Break Facts directly related to college marketing.
1. 1,500,000 Students travel during March to Spring Break destinations within the United States, collectively spending over one billion dollars.
2. In the combined top three domestic Spring Break markets, students from more than 850 colleges & universities within all 50 States are represented.
3. Panama City Beach, FL is the #1 domestic Spring Break destination with an attendance of 592,000 students reported in 2013.
4. South Padre Island, TX is the second largest domestic Spring Break destination with an attendance of 225,000 students reported in 2013.
5. The Holiday Inn Resort located in Panama City Beach, FL is ranked the #1 Spring Break hotel in the United States catering exclusively to Spring Breakers. The resort reaches 250,000+ students each year between in-room, pool deck parties and their daily beach front activations.
6. Club LaVela in Panama City Beach, FL is the largest nightclub in the USA, comprised of 12 themed rooms & 49 bars in over 100,000 sq. feet of entertainment space. During Spring Break, the club produces weekly concerts featuring national recording artists entertaining 18-23,000 Spring Breakers daily.
7. Due to the substantial influx of college students, the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Panama City Beach is the highest grossing Wal-Mart in the world during the month of March.
8. The largest Spring Break sampling program on record distributed three million units for one very smart brand.
9. Running simultaneous events in three domestic destinations could result in over 60 million impressions.
10. College students ranging from 18-24 years old represent over 170 billion dollars of discretionary spending power.
Those are the facts, do they get you excited? Are you interested in being part of the action and interact with this huge mass of college students? Are you interested in sampling, experiential marketing, media placement, guerilla marketing or event sponsorships at Spring Break?
Then join the team that represents major corporate brands such as The US Army, Red Bull Energy Drink, GEICO Insurance, Hawaiian Tropic, and Trojan Brand Condoms at Spring Break destinations across the US. Contact The Passion Group NOW; the Spring Break Marketing agency with exclusive marketing access rights to multiple headquarter venues in all domestic Spring Break destinations.
Email email@example.com or 732-897-1111 or visit www.thepassiongroup.com