Expat Study With Surprising Results Released
Created for journalists. Surprising results include why expats moved overseas, did they achieve what they were looking for, fears (both realized and unrealized), happiness, stress, lifestyle, advice, comments, infograpahics, and expert analysis.
Oro Valley, AZ, July 14, 2015 (Newswire.com) - Best Places In The World To Retire released the study “Expats: Expectations and Reality” for free download. Examples of findings include:
- 36.7% of Americans believe they can achieve better health care by moving abroad... to Central America!
- Is it too stressful here? Over 71% of people who moved abroad achieved a simpler, less stressful life.
- Myth shattered: only 2% of women report that it is unsafe where they live abroad.
- Worried that you can’t adjust to moving overseas or you can’t speak Spanish? Data proves you shouldn’t be.
- Less than 4% of expats say that they probably or absolutely would not move overseas again. Here’s why.
- It’s true: want a lower cost of living, better weather, and a less stressful, more meaningful life? Move overseas.
- Expats achieve more than they predicted by moving overseas.
- Not as fearless as you thought: potential expats have lots of worries about moving overseas.
- Thinking about moving overseas? Here’s what you should be worried about.
- Fears about moving overseas turn out to be the wrong ones and largely unrealized.
- 78.1% of expats are certain they would do It all again. Here’s why.
- 39.5% of expats are never going back.
Chuck Bolotin, Vice President of Business Development explained, “The study reports expats’ responses to everything from why expats moved overseas, to did they achieve what they were looking for, to fears (both realized and unrealized), happiness, stress, lifestyle, advice, comments, and everything in between, including stories and a good amount of humor. I’ve been fully immersed in this for over two years, and I was quite surprised by many of the results.”
Alan Alexander, Chairman of the Best Places Advisor Board added, “The format and content of this study is perfect for journalists and publishers. Right after the cover, we have ‘Hot Tidbits for Journalists’. We also provide infographics, comments by the expats themselves, expert analysis, and access to experts for journalists. Within reason, we’ll even run a custom query for news organizations against our database and provide custom graphics.”
Alexander described the value of the study for people considering moving overseas. “For these people, it’s a ‘must read.’ The study reveals the good and the bad about moving overseas, and the real expat experience as told by real expats.”
About Best Places in the World to Retire
Funded and run by an experienced group of entrepreneurs and investors based primarily in Southern Arizona and utilizing an innovative business model, Best Places In The World To Retire solves the problems of two groups of people: 1) those searching for "no spin," organized, balanced, diverse and credible information about moving, doing business, or visiting overseas; and, 2) for profit and non-profit organizations seeking new clients, donors and volunteers.
The main areas of the site are: 1) Community Q & A, with thousands of answers to questions, provided by a community of experts; 2) Location Advisor, a real time, interactive, fun and informative questionnaire that recommends the best places to retire; 3) Expat Stories, where real expats tell their experiences and where we interview the most interesting people living abroad; and, 4) Marketplace, where for-profit and non-profit organizations have their commercial listings, all tied into the questions they answered and the stories they posted.
Vice President, Business Development, Marketing & Sales
US (520) 498-0427
- ### -