Vector Structural Engineering Now Licensed in Canada
Rapidly growing firm's engineering expertise will help Canadian clients meet construction, budgetary, and licensing goals.
DRAPER Utah, January 10, 2019 (Newswire.com) - Vector Structural Engineering, which is licensed in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, is now also licensed in the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
“It’s a natural extension for us,” says Vector Principal Engineer Roger Alworth. “Many of our clients work in regional or national markets and they’ve long valued our ability to save them money and time, no matter where a project might be located. We’ve had numerous queries from Canadian and cross-border firms looking for expertise in our areas of specialization, and we’re delighted now to be in a position to help them.”
Vector Structural Engineering, headquartered in Draper, Utah, about 20 miles from Salt Lake City, is one of the fastest-growing firms in its field. The company’s team of experienced engineers and CAD professionals is broken into groups that specialize in high-end custom homes, small and medium-sized commercial buildings, industrial structures, multi-family buildings and parking structures, specialty structures (bridges, towers, enclosures, retaining walls, etc.) and residential and commercial solar installations.
Key components of Vector’s service include:
· Detailed structural drawings. The company’s goal is to avoid creating a painful “IQ test” for the contractor, and to solve construction challenges before actual construction begins.
· Value engineering. Typically, the initial layout of each project is reviewed in-house for value engineering opportunities—ideas about minor revisions that could create significant construction cost savings.
· Life-of-the-project service. Company policy is to provide prompt response to clients’ concerns and questions—usually at no additional cost—through the life of the project.
· Inclusive bidding. Vector’s experience, efficiency, and relatively low overhead allows it to keep its fees very competitive.
“The focus of our business, simply put,” says Alworth, “is making our clients successful at what they do. Almost all our work comes from repeat clients; builders and contractors who have worked with us before routinely demand that developers or architects use Vector Structural Engineering. We feel confident this will be the case as we expand our activities in Canada, and we look forward to expanding our work with the building and contracting community north of the border.”
About Vector Structural Engineering:
Founded in 2002, Vector Structural Engineering is a full-service structural engineering firm with over 2,500 clients throughout the United States. The company’s areas of expertise include multi-family, residential, commercial, telecom, bridges, industrial, and solar. Services include the design of new structures, the analysis and redesign of retrofit and repairs of existing structures, as well as residential and commercial solar structural certifications. Expert witness experience includes structural defects, foundation settlement, building code analysis, and soil and structure stabilization. Vector’s team includes engineers, a full drafting division, and support staff. The company is headquartered in Draper, Utah, with satellite offices in Mesa, Arizona; Layton, Utah; St. George, Utah; and Tustin, California.
# # #
James (Jamey) Johnston
Vector Structural Engineering
(801) 990-1775 (office) / 801-995-8969 (mobile)
Source: Vector Structural Engineering