SAN FRANCISCO, August 27, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Usha Rajagopal, MD, board-certified plastic surgeon, introduces a groundbreaking new approach to sculpting the abdomen with Emsculpt – the first and only non-invasive body-shaping procedure that simultaneously addresses both muscle and fat. Dr. Rajagopal’s center is the first in San Francisco to offer Emsculpt. Bringing an entirely new technology to the category, Emsculpt utilizes HIFEM® energy to induce powerful muscle contractions which builds muscles and burns fat. FDA-cleared for the improvement of abdominal tone and strengthening of the abdominal muscles, Emsculpt helps patients achieve next-level, contouring results.
“The current approach to body shaping is through circumferential reduction; however, overall body contour is affected by muscle structure as well,” shared Dr. Rajagopal. “Emsculpt goes beyond waistline reduction to address abdominal contouring through muscle tone, so I’m thrilled to now offer this combination to my patients."
Muscles represent about 35 percent of the human body, but existing aesthetic treatments only address fat. Emsculpt introduces a first-of-its-kind application of a unique magnetic field. HIFEM technology penetrates through skin to impact fat, as well as muscle tissues. Once penetrated, the energy induces 20,000 supramaximal muscle contractions that are accompanied by a rapid metabolic reaction in fat cells to not only strengthen and build muscle but also reduce fat. This is the ONLY technology that builds muscle and burns fat simultaneously, all while leaving the surrounding tissues unaffected.
Tested in five unique abdominal clinical studies1,2,3,4,5 utilizing all four established methods of evaluation including MRI, CT, ultrasound and histology, Emsculpt delivered consistent results in muscle gain and fat loss:
- 19 percent reduction in subcutaneous abdominal fat2,3
- 16 percent increase in muscle mass2,3
- Average waist reduction of 4.4cm5
- 96 percent satisfaction with treatment results5
For optimal results, Dr. Rajagopal recommends four 30-minute treatment sessions over the course of a two-week period. Best results will be seen after three months with continued improvement over a six-month time period.
Dr. Rajagopal has been in practice for over 20 years in the San Francisco Bay Area and specializes in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures of the face, body and breast. She has treated thousands of patients with body-shaping procedures utilizing ultrasonic liposuction, power-assisted liposuction, Smartlipo, CoolSculpting and now Emsculpt.
1–5 Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 2018 Dallas TX.
1. Kent D, Jacob C. Computed tomography (CT) based evidence of simultaneous changes in human adipose and muscle tissues following a High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Field (HIFEM) application: a new method for non-invasive body sculpting.
2. Kinney B, Lozanova P. High-Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM) therapy evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Safety and efficacy study of a dual tissue effect based non-invasive abdominal body shaping.
3. Katz B., Bard R., Goldfarb R., Shiloh A., Kenolova D. Changes in subcutaneous abdominal fat thickness following High-Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM) field treatments: A multi center ultrasound study.
4. Weiss R, Bernardy J. Induction of fat apoptosis by a non-thermal device: safety and mechanism of action of non-invasive HIFEM technology evaluated in a histological porcine model.
5. Jacob C., Paskova K. A novel non-invasive technology based on simultaneous induction of changes in adipose and muscle tissues: Safety and efficacy of a high intensity focused electro-magnetic field device used for abdominal body shaping.
Source: Usha Rajagopal, MD