USD School of Law - Procopio International Tax Institute Announces Speakers for 12th Annual Event
San Diego, CA, September 15, 2016 (Newswire.com) - The University of San Diego School of Law - Procopio International Tax Institute (USD-PITI) announced today its lineup of speakers for the annual event, held on October 20-21 at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice.
Presented by the University of San Diego School of Law and celebrating its 12th year in 2016, USD-PITI is the premier educational and networking event for the latest developments in the tax laws of the United States, Mexico and Canada. In addition to members of Procopio’s renowned International Tax team, this year’s roster of speakers includes internationally recognized leaders in the industry including:
- Professor H. David Rosenbloom, Director of the International Tax Program - New York University (NYU)
- Hon. Juan Carlos Roa Jacobo, Tax Court Judge – TFJFA Magistrado de Sala Regional, Tribunal Federal de Justicia Fiscal y Administrativa (Mexico)
- Lic. Bruno Peixoto, State Deputy and President of PMDB Metropolitan (Brazil)
- John McDougal, Special Trial Attorney for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Lic. Iván Sasovsky, Cabinet of Advisors at Banco de la Nación Argentina
- Ricardo Valcarcel, Corporate Tax Manager at Cementos Pacasmayo SAA (Perú)
- Gabriela Pellón, Partner at Galicia Abogados (Mexico)
- Edgar Herrera, lecturer at the University of Authorized Public Accountants (UNESCPA) in the subject of International Taxation (Panamá)
- Cindy Brittain, Senior Fiduciary Officer at The Northern Trust Company (U.S.)
Additional speakers will be announced soon. The USD-PITI event offers MCLE, CPE and EPC credits for attendees and simultaneous Spanish and English translations will be available. Key topics include Panama Papers & cyber security of sensitive international tax information, defending an international tax case before the IRS & SAT, U.S. immigration law vs U.S. tax laws, wealth planners & family office trends, attorney-client privilege in a global context, international retirement plans and more.
“What we offer with USD-PITI goes beyond its incredible curriculum,” said Enrique Hernandez-Pulido, Procopio Partner and Latin America Practice Group Leader. “This event provides an unforgettable experience that brings together an international community of leading practitioners. Procopio is very proud to be a long-time sponsor of USD-PITI.”
New in 2016 is an expanded calendar of social and networking events, including a 5K run and 2K walk, a wine pairing dinner and a golf activity in San Diego. More information on all activities is available at Procopio.com/USDPITI.
Procopio is a full-service business law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 150 attorneys based in San Diego, Silicon Valley, Phoenix and Austin–we’re passionate about knowing your business, helping you grow, and protecting it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross-border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Communications and Public Relations Manager
Source: Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP