Tampa, Florida, July 31, 2017 (Newswire.com) - The garage is often a dumping ground for stuff, lots and lots of stuff. Organizing a garage may seem like an impossible task, but with a little planning you can overcome the clutter and organize your garage once and for all.
Decluttering your garage is important not just for your sanity, but also for your health. The garage is the perfect breeding ground for dust, mold, and mildew. Thankfully, there are things you can do during the organizational process to help keep your garage free of condensation which often if the cause of those health concerns. The tips and recommendations below will help you keep your garage organized and moisture-free:
"The best way to control and prevent moisture build up in your garage is to use a dehumidifier," said Matt Henson, Vice President of Business Development for Eva-Dry.
Matt Henson, Vice President of Business Development
- Make sure all chemicals and other toxic substances are out of reach of children either on a high shelf or cabinet. Don’t have shelves or cabinets? Then it is time to install built-in cabinets or modular storage. This is an investment that will help you protect your family and provide you with a safe, organized space to store certain necessary items.
- Go vertical with lawn and gardening tools. Save on space by securing gardening equipment vertically on secure hooks to the walls.
- Store your tools in a tool box or use pegboards to hang them on the wall.
- Categorize your “stuff” and then designate a spot in the garage for those items such as tools, sports equipment, garden gear, automotive items, outdoor items, etc. This will allow you to know exactly where to find an item without having to rummage through every area of the garage when you need something.
- If you have an attic use it! Anything that you do not use often such as luggage or seasonal decorations can be relocated to the attic to help declutter your garage. Do consider using moisture eliminating packets in boxes and containers in your attic to prevent unnecessary damage to your stored items.
- Trash or donate items that you can part with. Think about how much space you could free up!
- Control humidity levels in your garage to prevent unnecessary damage to your items. To do this you need to make sure your garage stays dry and well-ventilated and outfit your space with a garage dehumidifier to minimize and even eliminate condensation problems that can lead to mold, mildew, and musty odors.
“The best way to control and prevent moisture build up in your garage is to use a dehumidifier,” said Matt Henson, Vice President of Business Development for Eva-Dry.
Eva-Dry has several small and affordable dehumidifiers that are adaptable enough to be placed virtually anywhere in your home including your garage. If electricity is available and there exists a large garage space, the EDV 4000 or 2200 may be the unit for you. If you have a smaller space without outlet plugs, Eva-Dry has several units that require no electricity.
Keep your garage organized, dry and protected from damaging humidity levels by following the tips above and equipping your garage with a dehumidifier from Eva-Dry.
About Eva Dry Dehumidifiers
Since 2003, Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers have earned their reputation as the safest, healthiest and most efficient method to reduce ambient moisture by providing a higher absorption rate than alternate disposable dehumidifying products. The compact, renewable Eva-Dry units reduce humidity to fight mold, moisture and mildew in homes, boats, RVs, safes, and other valuable item storage. Visit http://www.eva-dry.com, or call (877) 382-3790 for more information.