Surviving COVID-19: Joining Front-Line Nurses Helping Intubated Patients Be Heard and Understood
COVID-19 Critical Care Patient Communication Support Program
ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 24, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Acuity Medical, Vidatak, and task force members from the Patient Provider Communication Forum are making a number of critical resources for communicating with COVID-19 patients on mechanical ventilation available for free.
Provider Education - How to use communication tools for critically ill patients who cannot speak.
- The SPEACS-2 online training program, co-created by Dr. Mary Beth Happ and The Ohio State University College of Nursing, is available for free. Users can earn CEUs using the following code: COVID19. Users may also view without earning CEUs.
- There are additional short video demonstrations that users can access for reference.
Communication Boards - Acuity Medical is providing EZ Boards free of charge based on appropriation for hospital size and demand.
- For free EZ Boards, contact Mark Tomchik at (443) 831-2983 or email@example.com.
VidaTalk Communication App - Vidatak has made the VidaTalk app available at no cost through May 31. See instructions below.
Instructions for download:
- Download VidaTalk from iTunes
- Tap on lock icon on the top right
- Tap on Enterprise Login
- Enter "COVID19" for login
- Enter "H2PNJNGAWGBGQA646LKT44R8N" for passcode.
Other patient communication tools and resources can be found at the Patient-Provider Communication Forum.
Please share with all hospital administrators and colleagues. For anyone who knows someone who is critically ill and having difficulty communicating because they are intubated or having difficulty speaking due to medical illness or surgery, please share these resources with them today.
Source: Vidatak, LLC