Propel Introduces New Compliance Solutions to Help Companies of All Sizes
Propel's Latest Cloud PLM Software Release Includes Specification Management and Training Records to Help Companies with Compliance
Santa Clara, California, October 26, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Propel, a modern cloud Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software company, today announced general availability of Specification Management & Compliance and Training Records Management, two new solutions that will help companies of all sizes improve product compliance and deepen customer trust. Propel’s Specification Management & Compliance allows companies to quickly and flexibly manage product compliance requirements that customers most care about, such as RoHS, product safety, forced labor, IP confidentiality, and conflict minerals. Also available in Propel’s Winter ‘18 Release, Propel’s Training Records Management helps companies in regulated industries track training compliance for all employees involved in making products.
Tracking compliance can be very time consuming and error prone when products consist of thousands of parts, involve hundreds of employees and suppliers, need to meet multiple regional requirements, and undergo dozens of changes. Mid-market companies have faced additional product compliance challenges, since existing solutions are often expensive, hard to implement and difficult to use. Propel’s latest cloud PLM software release allows companies of any size to track compliance to product specifications and training requirements much more easily than ever before. Propel provides visibility into compliance status for any product, tracks historical records and updates, and keeps managers and stakeholders in the loop.
"Propel's latest PLM software release enables Samsara to navigate the compliance challenges with easily adaptable tracking methods."
Ben Calderon, VP Hardware Engineering and Operations
“Propel is making it much easier for companies like Samsara to manage our product compliance,” according to Ben Calderon, VP Hardware Engineering and Operations at Samsara. “Certifications and compliance requirements vary by product function, application and region. In addition, laboratory approvals may have their own timeline different from the hardware project. Propel’s latest PLM software release enables Samsara to navigate the compliance challenges with easily adaptable tracking methods.”
Propel Specification Management & Compliance Highlights
- Track compliance status to any specification on a manufacturer part or directly on an item
- Roll-up compliance statuses on a bill of materials (BOM)
- Use worst case scenario when dealing with multiple manufacturer parts, or declare compliance status on a parent part to override roll-ups
- Apply specifications to Propel’s item categories for even easier administration
- Declare compliance status through a declaration process, which allows multiple stakeholders to review compliance
- Keep records of status changes
- Apply specific exemptions to specifications
Propel Training Records Management Highlights
- Keep historical records of who and when an employee reviewed documents that are marked for training, and provide trainers, managers, and auditors with accurate and transparent training records
- Create training assignments with due dates for selected trainees when a new document revision is published
- Notify trainees and managers when a new training is assigned and when it becomes overdue
- Create re-training assignments on a schedule
- Allow engineers to decide on a case-by-case bases if training is required when they revision a new document
- Track when trainees download documents
- Require electronic sign-off with passwords, and allow trainers and managers to sign off for trainees when they don’t have system access
“Many of the companies that Propel works with are launching products at a historic pace, and they always need to make sure their latest products comply with a complex set of regulatory requirements like RoHS, REACH or JEDEC,” said Brian Sohmers, co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Propel. “Our latest software release now lowers the cost and ease of compliance for mid-market companies. Whether it’s training records or product specifications, Propel makes it easy for companies of all sizes to quickly get their innovative ideas from concept to customer.”
Propel makes cloud PLM software that helps propel your digital transformation. Created by PLM, SaaS and manufacturing veterans, Propel offers cloud PLM that helps engineers, marketing, partners, customers, and everyone else collaborate on all the product information needed to get products from concept to customer. Propel has developed the first and only PLM solution built on the Salesforce platform — the world’s most secure, trusted and flexible cloud platform. Our SaaS-based PLM software helps everyone collaborate better, takes just weeks to get up and running, and can keep up with changing business requirements. For more information, visit propelPLM.com.