Positive Singles: Young Gay and Lesbian Daters Living With HIV Increased by 1.4 Times
A recent statistical analysis by Positive Singles shows that the average age of gay men and lesbian women daters living with HIV has been continuously dropping since 2011.
LOS ANGELES, December 6, 2018 (Newswire.com) - PositiveSingles.com, the world’s largest HIV dating website, is seeing an upswing in the number of younger gay and lesbian people who currently are HIV positive.
The average age of an HIV-positive gay member has gone down. The percentage of new HIV-positive gay members from ages from 18 to 30 has risen from 26.8 percent to 36.6 percent in seven years. The overall number of these members represents 28.9 percent of the site’s total member base.
“Dating with HIV is more popular in young people than ever. It is pretty clear to us and our users, love does not know bounds, disease or sexuality. We are so happy to be able to provide our service to the HIV-positive community,” said Alex, the PR staff of PositiveSingles.com.
Here are some additional metrics the site compiled recently:
· HIV-positive gay and lesbian average member age is 35. 30 is the second most popular.
· The average age of new HIV-positive gay users is 37.7. This is from 2002 to 2017.
· The average age of new HIV-positive lesbian users is 32.3 from 2002 to 2017.
· The top age groups for HIV-positive gay groups are 35-42 and 48-46.
· The top age group for HIV-positive lesbians is hovering around 35.
· There are more HIV-positive lesbians than HIV-positive gays over the age of 51.
“We are planning on using this information to help all of our members continue to find someone special to share in their lives. We will continue to compile and look at data to share with our users,” continued Alex.
Learn more about HIV-positive dating at PositiveSingles.com. Members have access to forums, dating information, advice and referrals to various services to help with their HIV-positive lifestyle and any STD. Also, the newest iOS app and Android app are also available.