Oxford Instruments Industrial Analysis Business Becomes Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
- Industrial Analysis business of renowned scientific instrumentation company acquired by Hitachi High Technologies Corporation for a consideration of £80m.
- A new company has been created and intends to expand its industrial analytical solutions offer.
OXFORD, England, July 5, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Oxford Instruments' Industrial Analysis division today became part of Hitachi High-Technologies Group.
A new company, Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science, brings together Hitachi High-Technologies' extensive scientific instrumentation portfolio with Oxford Instruments' rich 40-year heritage of innovative analytical instruments and services developed in close partnership with industry customers. The collaboration will offer the companies a wider ranging product portfolio, more contact points with customers and more chances to meet customer needs.
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science will continue to specialise in delivering high-tech analysis solutions, developed in close collaboration with industry customers and designed to meet the tough challenges of a rapidly evolving industrial sector. The company's range of laboratory-based and robust high-performance in-field testing instruments deliver materials and coatings analysis that adds value throughout the production life cycle, from raw material exploration to incoming inspection, production and quality control to recycling. A team of in-house experts has developed customised testing methodologies for hundreds of industrial applications, delivering simplicity of operation for even the most demanding applications.
Dawn Brooks, Managing Director of Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science said: "Today, we already help thousands of businesses streamline their costs, minimise risk and increase production efficiency. The combined strengths of Hitachi and Oxford Instruments Industrial Analysis greatly increases our capability to offer an ever wider range of leading-edge analytical solutions to our customers around the world".
About Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science:
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science is a new global company created in July 2017 within the Hitachi High-Technologies Group. The company is headquartered in Oxford, UK, with research and development and assembly operations in Finland, Germany and China and sales and support operations in a number of countries around the world. Our product range includes:
· Our PMI-MASTER, FOUNDRY-MASTER and TEST-MASTER range of analysers are used by industries the world over for fast and precise metals analysis. Featuring optical emission spectroscopy technology, all important elements with low detection limits and high precision can be determined, including carbon in steel and all technically relevant main and trace elements in nearly all metals.
· X-MET8000 handheld analysers, used by thousands of businesses to deliver simple, rapid and non-destructive analysis for alloy analysis, scrap metal sorting and metal grade screening using precision XRF technology.
· Vulcan handheld analysers, with LIBS laser technology, identify metal alloys in just one second, making it one of the fastest analysers in the world. This hugely benefits businesses processing high volumes of metal.
· X-Strata, Eco and MAXXI microspot XRF analysers measure coating thickness of single- and multi-layer coatings including alloy layers and are designed to be incorporated into quality control or process control programmes, as well as research laboratories.
· Lab-X3500 and X-Supreme8000 benchtop XRF analysers deliver quality assurance and process control across a diverse range of industries such as petroleum, wood treatment, cement, minerals, mining and plastics.
About Hitachi High-Technologies:
The Hitachi High-Tech Group, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan has developed a global business around the four segments of Science & Medical Systems, Electronic Device Systems, Industrial Systems and Advanced Industrial Products with the corporate vision "To consistently aim to be global top in high-tech solutions" and the mission "To turn our customers into fast-moving, cutting-edge businesses."
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science website
Verity Arndt, Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
Source: Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science