Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR), Front Range Orthopedics & Spine (FROC) Enter Into Definitive Merger Agreement
FORT COLLINS, Colo., June 9, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) and Front Range Orthopedics & Spine (FROC) have entered into a definitive merger agreement to merge under the OCR umbrella effective Oct. 1, 2020. This new partnership forms the largest privately owned, fully vertically integrated orthopedic and spine medical group in Colorado and one of the largest in the U.S.
Due to national, state, and regional trends in health care, the medical groups are partnering to share invaluable resources of people, space, and technology. The merger will include full business and clinical integration, sharing of best practices in operations, clinical pathways and outcomes, and clinical research.
Following 12 months after the merger date, the FROC name will transition into OCR. Until this transition is completed, FROC will be branded as a Division of OCR to provide time for FROC to complete planned collateral use and signage changes on location buildings.
Select therapy employees located at the FROC Longmont and Lafayette locations will also join the OCR team on Oct. 1, 2020. The Lafayette location will be relocated fall of 2020 to a new and larger location on the first floor of the medical office building.
As a merged entity, OCR will have approximately 600 employees across eight (8) orthopedic and spine locations:
- Fort Collins, Colo. – Prospect Campus
- Fort Collins, Colo. – CSU Athletics Clinic at Moby
- Loveland, Colo.
- Greeley, Colo.
- Longmont, Colo.
- Lafayette, Colo.
- Westminster, Colo.
- Frederick, Colo.
The merger will benefit communities across all Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska regions. Both OCR and FROC plan to accomplish this through a shared group mission, a common vision, and combined corporate values of continuing to lower health care costs by providing the highest quality of care and greatest patient outcomes in the lowest cost settings. The full integration of both organizations will occur over the next few years.
Post-merger, OCR will continue to grow as a vertically integrated orthopedic model of care through:
- 45 physicians and surgeons practicing in orthopedic and spine sub-specialties
- 34 physician assistants & nurse practitioners
- Eight (8) medical clinic locations
- Four (4) therapy locations providing:
- 18 physical therapists
- Seven (7) occupational therapists
- Three (3) Ambulatory Surgery Centers and Two (2) Recovery Center locations
- Three (3) MRI locations
- Sports Medicine Outreach and Regional Concussion Program partnerships with the Colorado State University, Colorado Eagles, 24 regional high schools, Mountain View Fire & Rescue, more than nine (9) regional sports club teams, and coverage at more than 40 regional rodeos and sporting events annually.
OCR/FROC currently provides Orthopedic Trauma Coverage at seven (7) regional medical centers: Poudre Valley Hospital (Fort Collins, Colo.), Medical Center of the Rockies (Loveland, Colo.), UCHealth Greeley Hospital (Greeley, Colo.), Longmont United Hospital (Longmont, Colo.), Longs Peak Hospital (Longmont, Colo.), St Anthony’s North Health Campus (Westminster, Colo.), and Good Samaritan Medical Center (Lafayette, Colo.).
Source: Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies
Categories: Business News