Oct. 19: Job Haines Home Will Celebrate 125 Years of Service to the Community With Gala
Continuum of Care Residence Will Mark Milestone Anniversary at Nanina's in the Park
BLOOMFIELD, N.J., September 29, 2022 (Newswire.com) - With a long history marked by dignity, independence and individuality for its residents, Job Haines Home is celebrating 125 years of providing superior service to area seniors and those needing long-term and skilled nursing care. Throughout that time, the organization has evolved and grown to meet the changing trends in health care and the needs of people in its care, with steadfast dedication and vision. In recognition of the auspicious milestone, the organization's board members, corporate sponsors, residents, staff, and others will come together to celebrate its 125th anniversary with a gala at Nanina's in the Park in Belleville on Oct. 19.
"We are proud that for 125 years, we have maintained our core values and high quality of care for our residents, who truly become family at Job Haines Home," said President and Executive Director Noreen E. Haveron, BSW, LNHA, MPA. "We look forward to celebrating our many accomplishments and our hardworking staff members, residents and board members who have brought us to this moment."
Job Haines offers assisted living, long-term nursing care, respite care and subacute rehabilitation services. Key milestones in the non-profit's long history are as follows:
- In 1894, Job Haines, a prominent Newark businessman, bequeathed a parcel of land at Clinton and Johnson Avenues in Newark to his only child, Frank. Frank Haines donated the property to the Faith Home for the Aged and Destitute in Newark.
- On Jan. 25, 1897, the Home was officially incorporated as the Job Haines Home for Aged People.
- A four-acre site at the corner of Watsessing Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue in Bloomfield was acquired in 1898 to accommodate the need for expansion; construction began in 1902 and the new Home formally opened in June of 1903.
- In 1993, plans were made for major expansion (of physical plant and services) and remodeling.
- Hearthside Commons, an assisted living residence, opened in June 2000. A skilled nursing residence with 30 beds also opened.
- In October 2009, the Pavilion, a state-of-the-art subacute rehabilitation unit, opened to meet the changing needs of its residents and the wider community.
Corporate sponsorships are available for the gala, which will feature a cocktail hour and dinner with live music, a video presentation, and historical photos of the community. To become a corporate sponsor, contact Marketing Director Reineen Dohman at 973-743-0792 ext. 139 or email@example.com.
Job Haines Home is located at 250 Bloomfield Avenue in Bloomfield; for more information, visit www.job-haines.org.
About Job Haines Home
Job Haines Home offers skilled nursing care, subacute rehabilitation, assisted living and respite care. It has been awarded Advanced Standing by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services for its high-quality care in the assisted living residence. It is a Five-Star nursing facility (awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) with a very high staff-to-resident ratio.
Source: Job Haines Home