New Toolkit From GovQA Helps State, Local Agencies Build Business Case for Technologies That Modernize Records Request Process
Free resources aid agencies seeking American Rescue Plan Act funding
WOODRIDGE, Ill., June 10, 2021 (Newswire.com) - A free toolkit developed by GovQA is helping state and local agencies make the business case for using American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds toward new records management technologies. GovQA is the most trusted source of cloud-based SaaS automated workflow solutions for government compliance.
"The average amount of time an agency spends responding to records requests has skyrocketed by 286% in the past year alone," said Jennifer Snyder, chief evangelist at GovQA, citing data from the organization's proprietary Peers in Public Records (PIPR) Index.
Snyder added that big events, like ARPA's largest influx of cash to local governments in history, will drive even more requests. "To keep pace, agencies are going to need to modernize their technology and deliver more government services—like public records—digitally," she said.
Public records data-sharing is a critical government service and is an eligible use of ARPA funds. The GovQA toolkit helps agencies learn more about ARPA and how to apply for funding to modernize their records request processes. The toolkit includes:
- State-specific plans for using ARPA funds. Several states have already earmarked ARPA funds to modernize government services. This table provides links to each state's plan.
- ARPA and the CARES Act. This comparison chart shows eligibility, deadlines, reporting requirements and more for ARPA and the CARES Act.
- Benefits of modernizing records request technology. This list of benefits was developed for the CARES Act and also applies to ARPA-funding requests.
- Formulas for making ARPA lost-revenue calculations. ARPA funding is designed to address state and local agencies' revenue shortfall due to Covid-19. Learn about the two options for calculating lost revenue, which can be matched with ARPA funds and used on any government services.
- Letter and email templates. Sample funding request letters and email templates can be downloaded and customized.
- ARPA Implications for Public Records e-course series. This free eight-part e-course provides resources to educate others of the value of investing in a public records solution using ARPA funds.
- Free software demonstration. Learn first-hand how technology can streamline records request processes by participating in a free, no-obligation demonstration.
"Using ARPA funds to invest in technologies that save time while increasing security and compliance can help state and local agencies today and well into the future," said Snyder.
GovQA is the leading provider of cloud-based SaaS automated workflow solutions for government compliance. GovQA combines trusted tools and security, proven government expertise, and a scalable platform that enables cities, counties, and state agencies to securely collect and control time-sensitive information within, across, and outside governments. GovQA's proprietary Peers in Public Records (PiPR) Index is the only index that tracks trends in public records for state and local governments. Visit www.govqa.com for more information.
# # #
Patrick McLaughlin, APR