NamSor's Proprietary Algorithms Accurately Reveal Customer Insights From Names
VERSAILLES, France, January 30, 2018 (Newswire.com) - NamSor just announced a new product that extracts smart data from 7.5 billion people’s names, globally.
In 2017, NamSor has processed over two billion names via its Gender, Origin, and Diaspora APIs (Application Programming Interfaces). The new product, NamSorML, launched in January 2018, is a software toolkit designed for quick re-calibration and integration with enterprise software (CRM, social media listening). It brings deep learning capabilities to multicultural marketers and a competitive edge to private companies; especially in the consumer goods or finance sectors.
Extracting accurate demographics using only the names of 80,000 customers
Since its inception, a New-York-based skincare start-up is achieving triple-digit growth using data-driven decision making.
After reading about NamSor's in order to gain a deeper insight into his customer base, the CEO decided to experiment with NamSor's gender and origin/ethnicity segmentation on its customer list and discovered an unexpected and data-supported view of its actual demographics.
Using the proprietary NamSor AI/machine learning algorithms, analysis of the company’s sales using only first and last names uncovered critical data-points:
- Contrary to survey-based industry reports indicating the market segment had an 80%/20% female to male user ratio, NamSor's proprietary models revealed the customer base had a nearly 50%/50% gender distribution ;
- NamSor data on the consumers' origin, race/ethnicity brought other interesting insights that contradicted initial assumptions. It generated new thoughts and ideas on how to best market the product ;
- The analysis was conducted securely using only first names, last names (for NamSor API) and ZIP (for NamSorML) without the company revealing any other data.
Analysis of online comments :
The company set-up a dashboard to analyze the comments of online shoppers, listen to the social media on citations of the brand name, with segments provided by NamSor:
- By gender;
- By cultural origin/diaspora according to NamSor rich taxonomy;
- By ‘race’ or ’ethnicity’ according to US Census taxonomy.
The dashboard brought interesting insights on the consumer sentiment towards the brand, as well as their specific concerns.
NamSor™ Applied Onomastics is a European vendor of sociolinguistics software (NamSor sorts names). NamSor mission is to help understand international flows of money, ideas, and people. Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org