TORONTO, February 20, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The live session takes place on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, at 11 a.m. EST (4 p.m. GMT).
Oncology drug development is in a period of unprecedented innovation, driven by growth in the use of targeted therapies and immuno-oncology (I/O) agents. New clinical trial designs and changes in regulatory approvals have made it possible for new drugs to reach the market at an incredible speed. These new medicines are changing the cancer conversation: we are now talking about cures.
Spearheading the change is the discovery and utilization of predictive biomarkers. Patients who present positive for these biomarkers have been shown to benefit more from a targeted therapy than those who do not. Consequently, biomarkers are now encompassing all areas of immuno-oncology drug development, from discovery to registration and ultimately market acceptance of the drug, if the biomarker can be utilized as a companion diagnostic. These predictive biomarkers are enriching immuno-oncology trials with patients more likely to respond to treatment – resulting in better outcomes and accelerated timelines.
Specifically, participants will learn:
- Factors driving the importance of biomarkers in I/O drug development, including:
- Relevant examples of new clinical trial designs incorporating biomarkers across all development phases.
- How these new designs have allowed clinical trials to be run in a seamless Phase I to Phase III manner, in which the different arms may account for the different Phases.
- The use of biomarkers to elucidate the mechanism of action in new drugs, and how to leverage key technologies, such as flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and next-generation sequencing.
- A real-world example of how to tackle the consequence of the boom in I/O drug development: the challenge of finding enough of the right specific patients to fully subscribe each clinical trial.
- How and when to most effectively engage a CRO / lab partner in the process.
Join our presenters for an insightful discussion – and answers to your questions – on these clinically and commercially relevant topics. To learn more visit: Leveraging Key Biomarkers to Advance Immuno-Oncology Drug Development and Find the Right Trial Participants.
Xtalks, powered by Honeycomb Worldwide Inc., is a leading provider of educational webinars to the global life science, food, and medical device community. Every year thousands of industry practitioners (from life science, food, and medical device companies, private & academic research institutions, healthcare centers, etc.) turn to Xtalks for access to quality content. Xtalks helps Life Science professionals stay current with industry developments, trends, and regulations. Xtalks webinars also provide perspectives on key issues from top industry thought leaders and service providers.
To learn more about Xtalks visit http://xtalks.com
For information about hosting a webinar visit http://xtalks.com/why-host-a-webinar.
Tel: +1 (416) 977-6555 ext 352