JETRO Chooses Nine Japanese Business Technology Startups for 'Start Up City Program' to Aid Global Expansion
Japanese Startup Accelerator Program Will Be Delivered by Alchemist Accelerator
SAN FRANCISCO, November 5, 2021 (Newswire.com) - AlchemistX, the global corporate and government partnership extension of Alchemist Accelerator, today announced that the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), a government organization that works to promote mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world, has selected nine Japanese business-to-business (B2B) startups from a pool of more than 100 applicants to participate in its Start Up City Accelerator Program. JETRO's Start Up City Program is operated by Alchemist Accelerator, one of the world's leading B2B and enterprise-focused startup accelerators, and supports the most innovative and promising Japanese B2B startups as they grow their business and explore North American markets and investment opportunities.
"We can't wait to help these exciting B2B companies create their expansion strategies," said Noriya Tarutani, executive director of JETRO. "Alchemist's Silicon Valley network will be a powerful aid in finding the right customers and advisors for the next stages of growth."
"We're thrilled to be working with JETRO, the premier organization assisting Japanese startups," said Rachel Chalmers, partner at AlchemistX. "For decades, JETRO has been a thought leader at the cutting-edge of innovation around the Pacific Rim. We hope to help carry on that tradition for many years to come."
The nine successful startups are:
- airamp - Streaming service that empowers artists to share revenue and jointly publish their collaborative work
- Closip - Secure and manageable service platform for internet-connected devices
- edison.ai - Democratizing cashier-less checkout solution with artificial intelligence
- Koeerü - Design-thinking consulting firm specializing in voice-of-consumers (VOC) technology solutions
- Lemin - Lemin Captcha offers simple yet powerful protection from brute-force login attacks, credential stuffing and other automated threats
- Qurate - Strategize, organize, and create content for every channel, at every stage of the customer journey from a single collaborative platform
- Rutilea - "Plug & Play" solution for manufacturing. Optimization with digital twin and automation with AI
- Spir - Calendar platform intended to integrate multi-calendar accounts and adjust schedules
- yodayoda - Map maintenance service for autonomous mobility
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), is a government-related organization that works to promote mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world. Originally established in 1958 to promote Japanese exports abroad, JETRO's core focus in the 21st century has shifted toward promoting foreign direct investment into Japan and helping small to medium size Japanese firms maximize their global export potential. For more information, visit www.jetro.go.jp.
Alchemist Accelerator aids in the development of early-stage technology startups that monetize from enterprises. AlchemistX, Alchemist's corporate and government program, extends the core Alchemist Accelerator curriculum and network to startup ecosystems and innovation hubs all over the world. Flagship clients include Alberta Innovates, Korea Innovation Center, LG Electronics, NEC and NetApp. For more information, visit alchemistaccelerator.com.
NAME: Maaya Sato